We are pleased to announce a new and dynamic opportunity to join the Internal Audit function at Management level. As Manager Internal Audit, you will add immediate value by executing audit plans across the organisation to ensure compliance with policies and procedures and to minimise risk across the organisation.
Policies and procedures
Implement relevant policies, processes and procedures and monitor adherence so that work is carried out in a controlled manner.
Implement the day-to-day standard operations assigned to ensure compliance with the established standards and procedures. Refer to supervisor for complex tasks which may require exceptions to procedures.
Supervise the activities and work of subordinates to ensure that all work within a specific area is carried out in an efficient manner and in compliance with the set policies, processes and procedures.
Health and Safety
Comply with all relevant safety, security, quality, health and environmental procedures to ensure a healthy and safe work environment.
- Conduct audit activities in a team leader capacity leveraging data analytics to ensure potential risks and issues are identified and to support in the development of proper control procedures.
- Contribute in the preparation of work plans, resource budget, timetable, communication plan and audit programs to ensure effective execution in compliance with Etihad policies and procedures.
- Complete fieldwork and supporting audit documentation to ensure the findings are thorough, complete, accurate, documented and compliant with policies and procedures and to ensure timely delivery to the business functions.
- Review regularly audit progresses and highlight continuously potential issues to the audit Leadership team to formulate / support in identifying changes and escalating issues in a timely manner to ensure challenges are faced proactively, unbiased and timely.
- Provide continuous coaching and feedback on performance to supervised team members to ensure continuous development of the team and alignment of skills and knowledge to career’s and business' requirements.
- Participate in organisation projects and attend meetings to ensure function is appropriately represented where relevant.
- Develop own technical skills and maintain professional qualifications in line with international best practices and requirements to ensure familiarity with current issues in accounting/auditing, airline business processes and knowledge of segregation of duties.
- Identify value added observations and develop practical recommendations working closely with the business, when required, in a consultative manner and be seen as a business partner.
- Liaise closely with the team and the business in audit activities to ensure excellent working relationships are established and interaction during projects is proactive and professional.
- Perform independently audit related duties assigned and approved by Audit Committee to ensure audit programs objective are met according to plan and minimal review points are raised.
- Support internal audit activities through active involvement in all stages of reviews from planning to reporting and knowledge exchange in order to ensure accomplishment of all key performance indicators agreed and approved for the year as agreed with the manager and detailed in iAchieve and IA Manual.
- Take decisions related to the day-to-day running of the business (Operational decision-maker) to ensure coordination of day-to-day operations consistent with strategic objectives.
- Have the ability travel, when required (maximum 25%) and the flexibility to work on time-constrained, deadline based projects.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor ’s Degree
- Professional accounting/audit related qualification or equivalent, and/or Master in Finance, Audit, Computer Science and relevant field is an advantage
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in audit and / or consulting.
- Data Analytical skills (IDEA, ACL etc) – Advanced
- Business Understanding skills – Advanced
- English Language skills – Excellent
- Communication skills (written and verbal) – Excellent
- Planning and Organising Skills – Advanced
- Presentation skills – Advanced
About Etihad Aviation Group
Headquartered in Abu Dhabi, the Etihad Aviation Group is a diversified global aviation and travel group with a business model driven by partnership and an innovative approach to growth. Etihad Aviation Group comprises five business divisions – Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates; Etihad Airways Engineering; Etihad Airport Services; Hala Group; and Airline Equity Partners. etihad.com.
About Etihad Airways
From its Abu Dhabi base, Etihad Airways flies to 100 international passenger and cargo destinations with its fleet of 115 Airbus and Boeing aircraft. Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, was established by Royal (Emiri) Decree in July 2003, and in 2017 carried 18.6 million passengers. etihad.com, follow @EtihadAirways on Twitter and join Etihad Airways on Facebook.
- Job type
- United Arab Emirates
- Starting in
- As soon as possible