This is a fantastic role for an experienced legal professional who is looking for an exciting, autonomous and diverse role where they can quickly add value and make a significant contribution to a progressive, fast paced and dynamic Airline company.
The Etihad Legal Team is looking for a resilient and solution-focused lawyer to support the team in providing commercially astute legal advice and services to the airline’s business areas, in particular the IT and Engineering functions.
As an expert in your field, you will be responsible for a broad scope of responsibilities with a significant emphasis on negotiating and advising on the legal aspects of all IT-related legal matters, supporting the IT team within the Group Support Services division.
You will also be the ‘go to’ advisor regarding IT projects, outsourcing, airline engineering matters and support the senior members of the legal team, legal support and advice to the management of Etihad Aviation Group/ business/ department/ functions, to ensure proper counsel on matters which are of medium to high complexity or medium to high risk, requiring substantial legal judgment, experience and the ability to work independently.
- Policies and procedures
Implement relevant policies, processes and procedures and monitor adherence so that work is carried out in a controlled manner
- Day-to-day operations
Supervise the standard and complex day-to-day operations to ensure that work processes are implemented as designed and in compliance with established standards and procedures
- People Management
Supervise the activities and work of subordinates to ensure that all work within a specific area is carried out in an efficient manner and in compliance with the set policies, processes and procedures
- Health and Safety
Comply with all relevant safety, security, quality, health and environmental procedures to ensure a healthy and safe work environment
- Perform complex legal analysis, researches and investigations related to topics of generally high complexity and risk to support department/function/business in the management of standard legal practice areas
- Review documents and analysis drafted by paralegals, contract administrators or Legal Advisers to ensure that Etihad’s best interests are served in an effective manner
- Provide full suite of legal services to the assigned function / department to support in the management of all legal topics and documents (i.e. contracts development) to ensure compliance with domestic and international regulations.
- Provide legal review of complex documents drafted by the assigned function / department to ensure compliance with internal procedures and with external regulations.
- Manage complex legal issues and investigations to ensure resolution to the best interest of Etihad.
- Provide legal advice to assigned function / department in relation to complex legal matters directly impacting organization’s performance and results
- Manage litigation or arbitration to ensure Etihad is properly represented.
- Flag potential legal risks to senior management and propose practical mitigation options to ensure that risks are avoided or reduced
- Prepare training materials and deliver training on relevant legal matters to ensure business functions are aware of main internal / external regulations and procedures and of relevant risks
- Take decisions related to the day-to-day running of own practice (Operational decision-maker)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Diploma (2 years or more); Admission as barrister, solicitor, attorney or equivalent in a relevant jurisdiction.
- Minimum 8 -10 years of work experience within relevant field; Experience as practicing lawyer in a reputable law firm or in-house legal department.
- IT and outsourcing experience (airline experience desirable)
- Experience in airline engineering matters is an advantage
Competencies & attributes
- Excellent verbal communication skills with articulation to give high level of clarity
- Excellent negotiation and persuasion skills
- Excellent written communication skill with high level of succinct clarity
- Excellent word skills – role is self-sufficient in terms of document creation/amendment
- Excellent English Language skills (Arabic language skills desirable)
- Planning and Organising Skills
- Policies, Procedures & Work Methods
- Project Management skills
About Etihad Aviation Group
Headquartered in Abu Dhabi, the Etihad Aviation Group is a diversified global aviation and travel group with a business model driven by partnership and an innovative approach to growth. Etihad Aviation Group comprises five business divisions – Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates; Etihad Airways Engineering; Etihad Airport Services; Hala Group; and Airline Equity Partners. etihad.com.
About Etihad Airways
From its Abu Dhabi base, Etihad Airways flies to 100 international passenger and cargo destinations with its fleet of 115 Airbus and Boeing aircraft. Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, was established by Royal (Emiri) Decree in July 2003, and in 2017 carried 18.6 million passengers. etihad.com, follow @EtihadAirways on Twitter and join Etihad Airways on Facebook.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- United Arab Emirates
- Starting in
- As soon as possible