Do you see yourself as an Eat Well Host (Restaurant Server) for our EVEN Hotels Pittsburgh property?
What''s your passion? Whether you''re into skydiving, scrapbooking or bird watching, at IHG we''re interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we''re looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
At EVEN Hotels, our core mission is to Enable Wellness in Travel.
To inspire our Guests to stay on Track while on the road, we will:
1. Enliven Wellness through our passion, knowledge and resources available to ensure balance and holistic well-being.
2. Be Encouraging by recognizing our guests achievements and offering positive words of encouragement and suggestions.
3. Get Personal to understand our guest wellness goals and help them maximize their wellness journey while traveling.
The Eat Well Host delivers the EVEN Hotels Simple.Natural.Good food & beverage wellness promise to guests daily by engaging the guests, understanding their nutrition interests and/or requirements and guiding them through the menu and market selections to help meet their needs This role assists customers with tablet ordering/interaction, serves food to tables during PM food and beverage service, bartends, assists customers with beverage station, maintains grab-and-go market table, services meeting set-up and catering. Additionally, the Eat Well Host may be required to perform guest check-in/out, switchboard functions, and assist guests in the Athletic Studio or other common areas as required.
• Engages guests to understand their wellness needs and offers options to help guests make healthy food choices.
• Assists guests with tablet ordering, takes beverage orders in a tone consistent with brand service behaviors.
• Prepares and presents food and beverages (including bartending) according to brand approved recipes and established health and presentation standards.
• Be knowledgeable about the specialty cocktails and cooked to order menu. Be prepared to answer guest questions regarding cooking times, ingredients and how an item is prepared.
• Use suggestive selling techniques to up-sell where possible to maximize hotel revenue. [Up-sell]
• Stores food and beverage products, inventory and equipment safely and properly.
• Replenishes supplies based on business forecasts in a timely and efficient manner and informs supervisor of low inventory items.
• Assists in receiving items and taking inventory as required.
• Clears and cleans tables promptly and efficiently. Keeps guest areas and food and beverage production areas clean and orderly throughout shift.
• Cleans and/or wipes down tables, chairs, walls, windows, mirrors, and floors as necessary.
• Processes all cashiering transactions accurately and in a secure manner.
• Completes closing/reconciliation activities and check guest credit compliance according to standard operating procedures.
• Serves as Keep Active Hosts to handle peak front desk periods.
• Leverages the support of other team members and departments to enhance the guest experience.
• Communicates and collaborates with team and other departments to provide and receive insight about guest needs, requests, and complaints.
• Responds appropriately to guest complaints and implements appropriate service recovery guidelines in order to ensure total guest satisfaction.
• Regularly seek and use guest feedback to ensure that special needs and requests are fulfilled.
• Shares own wellness journey with colleagues and guests.
• Remains current on brand, wellness, nutrition and industry information required to deliver the EVEN Hotels programs and services.
• Maintains Green Engage initiatives in assigned work area.
• Ensures food handling and storage meets federal/state/local health requirements.
• Alerts supervisor of any health or safety issues.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Pittsburgh, PA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible