At EVEN Hotels, our core mission is to Enable Wellness in Travel.
To inspire our Guests to stay on Track while on the road, we will:
1. Enliven Wellness through our passion, knowledge and resources available to ensure balance and holistic well-being.
2. Be Encouraging by recognizing our guests’ achievements and offering positive words of encouragement and suggestions.
3. Get Personal to understand our guests’ wellness goals and help them maximize their wellness journey while traveling.
• Manages operations and assignments of the hotel.
• Meets or exceeds targets/metrics such as GOP and flow through, RGI and RevPar.
• Analyses staff productivity and implements adjustments to staffing, performance targets and resources.
• Works with Revenue Management and Sales & Marketing to analyze data and performance.
• Drives the performance of financial and operational plans/budgets.
• Develops and implements long-term plans based on insights pertaining to the competitor set and the business environment.
• Generates and executes the Capital Expenditure Plans for capital improvements to enhance the assets of the company.
• Engages owner and Operations leadership to ensure best decisions are made on development and implementation of CAPEX strategy.
• Attracts and hires people with the right attributes to bring the EVEN Hotels brand to life.
• Inspires the team by living the brand, embracing holistic wellness, and encouraging them to do the same.
• Embraces the “T” through leveraging the skills of the team and business partners.
• Develops and oversees delivery of programs and events that drive improvement.
• Actively promotes employee participation in the Employee Satisfaction Pulse Survey (ESPS) and achieve established ESPS targets.
• Drives high team performance by establishing clear performance goals and expectations, and being actively involved in direct reports’ performance and development.
• Chairs weekly Wellness Committee to involve staff in identifying opportunities and solutions to improve the hotel’s wellness offerings, guest service experience and team engagement.
• Ensures the team is properly trained and provided the tools needed.
• Leads regular communication meetings to ensure the team is fully aware of the progress towards goals, and the latest in product, process and policies in addition to compliance requirements.
• Meets regularly with owner and IHG team to review hotel performance, inform/influence regarding brand and IHG plans and collaborate on initiatives that drive brand performance and return investment to the owner.
• Be the Brand Manager and role models the EVEN Hotels brand behaviors.
• Supports and embraces our guests in their wellness journey through your knowledge, insights and sharing own wellness story.
• Listens to the wellness needs of our guests and creates an environment that allows our guests to stay, work, relax, exercise and eat on their own terms.
• Achieves and maintains Heartbeat metrics.
• Ensures guest complaints are resolved appropriately.
• Adheres to brand standards and product quality.
• Interacts daily with guests to build relationships and brings the brand to life.
• Hosts and participates in hotel wellness and scheduled fitness programs regularly.
• Ensures a safe and secure environment by managing risk exposure to guests, colleagues, assets, etc.
• Achieves satisfactory results on internal audits and Controls Self-Assessment (CSA).
• Achieves established Workers Compensation and safety compliance goals.
• Promotes and drives engagement in Green Engage, Shelter in A Storm and IHG Academy.
• Promotes holistic wellness and fitness with guests, the team and the local community.
• Serve as the primary public relations representative to optimize awareness of hotel and brand.
• Proactively interacts with the media, local government officials, charitable organizations, travel and tourism organizations, and the local community to promote the hotel.
• Bachelor’s degree in Hotel Administration, Business Administration or equivalent, plus five to ten years of general
management experience in a high level operations role or some prior general management experience, or an
equivalent combination of education and experience
• Savvy in Information Technology
• Experienced in labor relations
• Knowledge of and experience in wellness, nutrition and fitness trends
• Must speak and write fluent English
• Bilingual, Spanish
• Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with guests, employees and third parties that reflects positively on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
• Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when completing paperwork and management reports, interpreting results, giving and receiving instructions, and training.
• Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances are utilized frequently.
• Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are used often.
• May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
• Ability to travel to attend workshops, conferences, etc.
• Standing and moving about the facilities
• Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 25 pounds
• Using a keyboard to generate correspondence, reports, etc.
• Handling objects, products, and equipment
Must have the legal right to work in this country
Relocation support is not provided for this role
In return we''ll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which can include healthcare and dental coverage, disability and life insurance, and a matched 401(k) program. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we''ll give you the room to be yourself.
So what''s your passion? Please click "Apply Online" and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans
- Job type
- New York, NY, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration