Do you see yourself as the General Manager for our EVEN Hotels Norwalk property?
What''s your passion? Whether you''re into tennis, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we''re interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we''re looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
At EVEN Hotels, our core mission is to Enable Wellness in Travel.
To inspire our Guests to stay on Track while on the road, we will:
1. Enliven Wellness through our passion, knowledge and resources available to ensure balance and holistic well-being.
2. Be Encouraging by recognizing our guests’ achievements and offering positive words of encouragement and suggestions.
3. Get Personal to understand our guests’ wellness goals and help them maximize their wellness journey while traveling.
The Chief Wellness Officer provides day to day leadership for delivering the branded guest experience, driving people engagement and development, building awareness of the hotel and brand in addition to delivering commercial results. He/she embraces and brings the brand promise to life through role modeling a balanced and healthy lifestyle and inspires the team to do the same. The Chief Wellness Officer focuses on making wellness an easy and natural part of traveling. He/she serves as the hotel’s primary brand ambassador to guests and local community in addition to being the primary liaison to the hotel’s owner & IHG representatives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manages day-to-day operations and assignments of the hotel.
• Meets or exceeds targets/metrics such as Gross Operating Profit (GOP) and flow through, Revenue Growth Index (RGI) and Revenue Per Available Room (RevPar).
• Analyses staff productivity and implements adjustments to staffing, performance targets and resources in order to maximize results.
• Works closely with Revenue Management and Sales & Marketing to analyze data and performance to identify key revenue drivers, anticipate opportunities/threats in the market and to effect timely changes to the business.
• Understands the competitive set and leverages on EVEN Hotels’ unique selling points for a distinctive offering.
• Drives the performance of financial and operational plans/budgets in addition to sales and marketing plans for the hotel which support the overall objectives of the corporation.
• Develops and implements mid-term and long-term plans based on insights pertaining to the competitor set and the business environment.
• Generates and executes the Capital Expenditure Plans (CAPEX) for capital improvements to enhance the assets of the company and brand loyalty.
• Engages owner and Operations leadership to ensure best decisions are made on development and implementation of CAPEX strategy.
• Attracts and hires people with the right attributes to bring the EVEN Hotels brand to life.
• Inspires the team by living the brand, embracing holistic wellness, and encouraging them to do the same.
• Embraces the “T” through leveraging the skills of the team and business partners; and continues to grow the team and talent pipeline for succession planning.
• Develops and oversees delivery of programs and events that drive improvements in team member engagement and are aligned with the hotel’s brand service behaviors.
• Actively promotes employee participation in the Employee Satisfaction Pulse Survey (ESPS) and achieve established ESPS targets.
• Drives high team performance by establishing clear performance goals and expectations, and being actively involved in direct reports’ performance and development through direct feedback, coaching and training.
• Chairs weekly Wellness Committee to involve staff in identifying opportunities and solutions to improve the hotel’s wellness offerings, guest service experience and team member engagement.
• Develop a succession plan to ensure adequate future bench strength.
• Ensures the team is properly trained and provided the tools and equipment needed.
• Leads regular communication meetings to ensure the team is fully aware of the progress towards goals, and the latest in product, process and policies in addition to compliance requirements.
• Meets regularly with owner and IHG team to review hotel performance, inform/influence regarding brand and IHG plans and collaborate on initiatives that drive brand performance and return investment to the owner.
• Be the Brand Manager and role models the EVEN Hotels brand behaviors.
• Supports and embraces our guests in their wellness journey through your knowledge, insights and sharing own wellness story.
• Listens to the wellness needs of our guests and creates an environment that allows our guests to stay, work, relax, exercise and eat on their own terms.
• Achieves and maintains Heartbeat metrics.
• Ensures guest complaints are resolved appropriately and that appropriate service recovery/problem resolution process is in place.
• Adheres to brand standards and ensures that product quality standards are met.
• Demonstrates Brandhearted leadership by putting the brand at the center of all business decisions.
• Interacts daily with guests to solicit feedback, builds relationships and brings the brand to life.
• Hosts and participates in hotel wellness and scheduled fitness programs regularly.
• Ensures a safe and secure environment by manages risk exposure to guests, colleagues, assets, etc. through developing a team that is fully trained on risk procedures/policies and fully compliant.
• Achieves satisfactory results on internal audits and Controls Self-Assessment (CSA).
• Achieves established Workers Compensation and safety compliance goals.
• Develops and maintains rapport with key community contacts to ensure a visible presence in the local community.
• Promotes and drives engagement in Green Engage, Shelter in A Storm and IHG Academy.
• Promotes holistic wellness and fitness with guests, the team and the local community.
• Serve as the primary public relations representative to optimize awareness of hotel and brand in local community.
• Proactively interacts with the media, local government officials, charitable organizations, travel and tourism organizations, and the local community to promote the hotel.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Norwalk, CT, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible