Beverage manager H/F
About the job
The Experimental Group was founded in 2007 by three childhood friends, Olivier Bon, Pierre-Charles Cros and Romée de Goriainoff. Xavier Padovani later joined them and shared their vision: to offer the ultimate hospitality experience to an ever-demanding clientele.
Celebrated for bringing the cocktail bar culture to Paris, the Experimental Group operates cocktail bars, but also wine bars, restaurants, and then from 2015 Hotels. Destinations diversify over the years, starting with European capitals like Paris and London, to more seasonal locations such as Ibiza or Menorca for the summer or the ski slopes of Verbier for the winter. The group also have properties in Venice, New York, Biarritz, and the Cotswolds.
The philosophy of service is constituted and affirmed by three key principles: the quality of its products, the precision of service, and the warm welcome of our guests.
We are growing exponentially, with new openings to come in the next few years (mostly in Europe).
Based in: Paris
Reports to: Group F&B director, COO & Founders
DESCRIPTION OF THE JOB
We are seeking a Beverage Manager to supervise the managing team of our bar venues worldwide and to build a global strategy.
The Beverage Manager oversees all bar venues of the Experimental Group. They guarantee the quality of the drinks offered and ensure that the services standards are maintained.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Team management
- Supervision of bar managers and support on their daily issues.
- Participation in the recruitment process.
- Bar manager training and talent development strategy (promotion, international mobility, skills development, etc.)
- Participation in disciplinary actions when needed (warnings, dismissal, etc.) in accordance with the Group F&B director.
2. Operational supervision
- Day to day relay of the Group F&B director.
- Coordination of seasonal cocktail menu changes and support in the menu creation.
- Guarantees the quality of the drinks offered and ensures that the services standards are maintained.
- Work hand in hand with bar managers on maintenance follow-up (quotes request, recommendations, etc).
- Ensures the proper functioning of technical equipment as well as the condition of the furniture/decoration.
- Health & Safety and risk assessment monitoring.
3. Beverage margin monitoring and supplier negotiation
- Qualitative and quantitative monitoring by establishment.
- Monthly review of the P&L, monitoring and optimization of the bar pricing policy (cocktail menu).
- Initiating, negotiating, executing, and maintaining relationships of the group’ spirit deals in collaboration with the cost controller and the local bar manager if abroad (in accordance with the Experimental Group DNA). Additionally, making sure implemented these are implemented globally.
- Responsible for room service beverage and mini-bar strategy.
- Staying current with new developments and trends in the beverage industry.
5. Support for new openings
- Supports the implementation of bar products and equipment for new projects.
- Participates in the bar recruitment process and follow up on new employees onboarding/training.
- Respect of deadlines and budgets.
- Represents the Experimental Group identity and DNA alongside the new team members.
6. Events and partnerships
- Cooperates with the events manager and the operational teams in the realization of internal or external events related to the bars.
- Guarantees the standards of services and the quality requirement of the events. (one-off missions might be planned abroad for big events).
- Helps in finding staff if needed.
- Sourcing prospective clients and partnerships to boost the event department: partnerships, pop-ups, brand activation, etc.
7. Environmental Sustainability
- Create the groups beverage sustainability policy, likely working with brands or partners to streamline the process.
- Ensure the sustainability policies are implemented and maintained across the company.
- Department: F&B Management
- Language required: French.
Hospitality is, above all else, a history of style!
This is not about trend, ornamentation, or concept, but style in its most authentic form. It is the singular "je ne sais quoi" that one feels in entering a legitimate space, a sentiment nearly impossible to define, but
that nevertheless delineates a group’s strength. Style is precisely this -- a delicate alchemy
of know-how and sincerity.
This is what transcends time and creates a unique, trusting relationship with each and every client in The Experimental Group all around the world !
The Experimental Group’s philosophy of service is constituted and affirmed by three key principles: the quality of its products, precision of service, and the feeling of pleasure since 2007.