Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via e-mail at: email@example.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Shadeland Enterprises. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
The Fairfield Inn and Suites Indianapolis East is seeking a Rockstar Operations Supervisor!
Overview: Supervises Guest Service Associates and responds to guest inquiries, concerns and issues that are elevated from the Guest Service Associates. Will act as the hotel leader in the absence of the General Manager. Is responsible for providing Brilliant Service at the Front Desk.
- Greet guests as they arrive at the hotel
- Operate a computer and use the appropriate software to check-in the guest and capture payment
- Produce room keys and provide directions as needed
- Collect payments for items purchased from the Pantry
- Prepare reports, alphabetize, take reservations and close out the shift as required
- Use the telephone to answer guest questions and requests, route calls to guest rooms and contact other hotel departments as needed
- Use radios to contact associates across the hotel as needed throughout the shift
- Interact with Security Department as situations arise. Will make the decision to evict guests when needed
- Assists with the weekly creation of associate schedules. When associates call off, finding replacements or personally staffing the Front Desk to cover the shift
- Monitors banks to make sure shortages/overages are reported to the Front Desk Manager/General Manager
- Work with the General Manager to ensure GSS scores within acceptable levels
- Responsible for making sure an accurate occupancy rate can reported at any time during the shift
- May block rooms as needed
- Training and on-boarding of new associates and ensuring Marriott training is conducted as necessary
- Creates boards for Housekeepers, checks periodically during the shift on the progress of clean, available rooms
- Generate reports as needed
- Must work in a cooperative and friendly manner with all associates
- Must be able to exercise good judgement in handling guest requests and/or complaints
- The Operations Supervisor must arrive to work on time and stay for the entire shift unless instructed differently by management
- The Operations Supervisor must maintain professional attire and personal hygiene
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned
To be considered for the position of Operations Supervisor, you must possess the following qualifications:
- One or more years of hotel guest service experience.
- Flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Demonstrated exceptional customer service background.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team.
- Advanced knowledge FOSSE, preferred
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, bend, stretch, and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to assist guests in the event of an emergency.
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Preference will be given to those with Marriott computer systems experience, including full service PMS and CI/TY.
Shadeland Enterprises offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits including medical and dental insurance, paid time off, free meals, and discounts on travel to other Marriott branded properties. We are an equal opportunity employer.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Job type
- Indianapolis, IN, United States
- Rooms division
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration