Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via e-mail - firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, M and R Hotel Management. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
We are currently looking for a dynamic individual to join our team, this person will be responsible for multiple Marriott hotel operations in the New York City Area . Focus on continuous improvement of operational and service standards prescribed by M&R Hotel Management and our brand affiliates. Handle long range planning, troubleshooting and new General Manager mentoring. Manage projects as directed by the Owner and/or Chief Operations Officer.
- Assume the responsibilities for new General Managers development and training.
- Conducts Performance Reviews and Plans and Actions as necessary for direct reports.
- Investigates problems that may arise in hotel operations.
- Makes sure long range plans are in place at all hotels under directive.
- Be a resource for the hotel management team to develop and implement capital expenditure plans.
- Assure strong training and development plans are in place for all hotel staff.
- Analyze financial information, guest satisfaction and associate satisfaction for trends and assist the management team in implementing corrective plans and actions.
- Perform regular asset evaluations to ensure the daily operations are protecting the owners assets.
- 1-2 quality audits per year as needed.
- Be a resource for human relations issues and ensure that company policies are being followed.
- Meets and exceeds the expectations of the associates by utilizing leadership skills and motivation techniques in order to maximize associates productivity and satisfaction of direct reports.
- Develops managers to maximize potential and prepare for future promotional opportunities
- Ensures that disciplinary action is taken as required utilizing consistency, fairness and respect within corporate established guidelines
- Prepares reports as requested to develop a more informative date base for improved management decision making and critical evaluation of work activities.
- Directs the preparation of any information required by owners or corporate staff.
- Continually focus on upholding all brand standards, policies, and procedures.
- Marriott, Hilton Experience a must
- Prior Director of Ops Experience
- Possess ability to build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders and ownership groups.
- Excellent knowledge of hotel operations, management concepts, tactics and processes.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to make recommendations based on analysis.
- Attention to detail and follow through to conclusion.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with multiple disruptions while saying focused on task at hand.
- Ability to make sound decisions with minimal supervision.
- Ability to travel 25% of time.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- New York, NY, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible