Immaculate public areas, attractive grounds and efficient operational systems combine to make Fairmont Hotels & Resorts places of unrivalled presence. As Director, Engineering, you will empower your team to achieve exceptional standards, and develop preventative maintenance and resource management programs that ensure a safe and welcoming hotel for all Colleagues, guests and visitors.
Hotel Overview: The Fairmont Amman will feature 317 luxurious guestrooms and suites including Fairmont Gold, the brand’s hotel within a hotel featuring amenities such as private reception and guest lounge. The hotel’s food and beverage offerings will provide unique concepts designed to add flair and sophistication to an already exciting city.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the General Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Lead and manage the day to day activities of the Maintenance department and ensure all standards are followed
- Oversee ongoing maintenance, repair and preventative maintenance in the Hotel with a focus to improve efficiency, profitability and service levels
- Co-ordinate renovation and capital projects, managing outside contractors as required
- Prepare and manage the annual maintenance budget and assist in the preparation of the capital plan
- Ensure the hotel complies with all government regulations pertaining to building code requirements, health, fire and life safety programs
- Review ongoing service contracts ensuring superior performance and competitive pricing
- Monitoring energy and water management programs to ensure cost effective use of utilities
- Balance operational, administrative and Colleague needs
- Follow departmental policies and procedures
- Follow all safety policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous leadership experience as a Chief Engineer or similar required
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications required
- Engineering degree/diploma or related discipline preferred
- Proven ability to handle multiple complex projects with a focus on results
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable with exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Visa Requirements: Jordanian Citizen only
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.frhi.com/careers to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FRHI HOTELS & RESORTS
As a leader in the global hospitality industry, we provide global hospitality expertise and resources that enhance the value of our leading hotel brands – Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, Raffles Hotels & Resorts and Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts. Recognized as a top employer, FRHI’s corporate culture encourages professional development and growth opportunities from within, building a loyal and experienced colleague base who are passionate about providing guests with a unique and meaningful travel experience. Our teams are guided by values of respect, teamwork, integrity, accountability and excellence. We employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. Known by travelers throughout the globe, world-class properties in our unrivalled hotel portfolio include The Fairmont Banff Springs, Raffles Hotel, Singapore, Fairmont Peace Hotel, Swissôtel The Bosphorus, and the famed Savoy in London. The company is also focused on growth and has a robust development pipeline of new hotels that will open around the world over the next five years. For more information, please visit frhi.com.
- Job type
- Zahran, Amman, Jordan
- Starting in
- As soon as possible