Full Time Host / Hostess
Join the Revue team at Fairmont Austin as a Host/Hostess! Revue is an all-day dining restaurant unlike any other in Austin. Our unique concept transports guests out of the hotel and immerses them in our four globally inspired open kitchens. Guests will journey through four distinct culinary worlds that come together for a vibrant and colorful a la carte dining experience. Revue’s unique approach to cuisine is defined by its diversity and includes the timeless cuisine of Italy, the epicurean and cultural complexities of Asia, and the delicacies of the Sea, topped off with delicious treats from the artisanal Pastry shop. Revue emphasizes on sourcing and preparing locally grown and made products in all aspects of this communal and shareable restaurant that truly has something for everyone.
As a Host/Hostess with Fairmont Austin, you will be an ambassador for the exceptional service and cuisine that are hallmarks of our dining experience. Your warm, personal attention provides a memorable first impression for guests in our restaurant, making them feel welcome and valued. We are looking for creative individuals who are capable of creating a memorable first impression, controlling the flow of the restaurant, and offering a sincere farewell. Our host/hostess position allows you to work with our talented leadership team to develop skills that will allow you to grow within our luxury hotel brand. The host/hostess position is one with high expectations, meticulous details for guest notes, detailed communication with the culinary and management team. The host/hostess also inspects and maintains the dining facilities by coordinating with the service team to ensure all areas are clean and in inspection ready at all times. The host/hostess directs and instructs the dining room personnel on guest needs to ensure our guests receive luxury and personal service from the moment they arrive.
In becoming a part of the Fairmont Austin family, we offer you unrivaled benefits. Not only do you get to open the largest Fairmont property in North America, you will be working directly with some of the most talented hospitality professionals in the industry. Our culinary team is led by Chef Andre Natera who has cultivated a collaborative, embracive, and professional philosophy within the Food and Beverage department that we are proud to share with you. With top of the line equipment in both the front and back of house, you will be able to provide an extraordinary experience to your guests.
Starting here, the growth opportunities are endless!
Fairmont Austin will offer 1,048 guestrooms and suites, along with 140,000 square feet of meeting and event space. This is your opportunity to be part of the most anticipated hotel opening in one of the fastest growing markets in the US.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Consistently offer a professional, friendly greeting and engaging service
- Respond to guest inquiries and reservations in a timely and professional manner via phone and Microsoft Outlook
- Monitor reservations, wait times, and dining guests to ensure accurate and timely service
- Understand the Server’s tasks in Revue
- Understand shift end reports in Revue and the POS system
- Assist guests regarding food and beverage menu items in an informative and helpful way
- Have knowledge of menu items, garnishes, contents and preparation methods
- Follow Revue policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous service experience an asset
- Previous Point of Sale System experience an asset
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
- Job type
- Downtown, Austin, TX, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract