The Assistant Security Manager is responsible to look after the security, safety and well being of all guests and colleagues making sure they cause no harm to themselves and others due to unsafe conditions or unsafe acts. The Security Manager reports to the Director of Security and Safety and is in charge of training, educating and developing all colleagues, security supervisor and security officers in all aspects of security and safety, crisis management in order to ensure highest security standards are met at Fairmont Baku.
Fairmont Baku, part of the iconic Flame Towers complex, boasts 299 superbly appointed guest rooms, 19 serviced apartments, 7 exquisite dining options, over 2,500 square meters (27,000 square feet) of function space and two ballrooms. With all that it offers, Fairmont Baku the city’s place for distinguished happenings. Be part of our team at the exciting Fairmont Baku!
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director, Security and Safety, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Ensuring that all Fairmont Hotels & Resort service standards and operational procedures are adhered to in all interactions with guests and colleagues.
• Providing prompt, attentive service either directly to the guests or colleagues
• Implementing, developing and continuing all training on Fire/Evacuation Response Plan including practical fire fighting at the Hotel
• Implementing, developing and continuing all training on Outside Threat Response Plans
• Implementing, developing and continuing Crisis Management Plans
• Assisting and liaising with Engineering and Police on Crime Prevention
• Being responsible for upholding all security procedures and policies regarding outsourced outlets, bank and retail shops
• Ensuring Security team has updated training safety programs in place
• Maintaining all policies and procedures and Local Standard Operating Procedures
• Being in charge of Security and Safety presentation at Colleague orientations
• Being the Chairperson in all Health & Safety meetings
• Contributing to the ongoing improvement and development of the Security Department
• Liaising with Government authorities and be familiar with all local health, safety and security regulations
• Controlling all security shifts professionally and responsibly
• Having respect and maintaining positive working relationship with colleagues and other departments and communicates effectively with same and gets the job done. Promotes open discussion.
• Overseeing the effective utilization and productivity of the Security Department through staff planning, hiring, and scheduling, while adhering to the budget parameters
• Providing regular feedback to colleagues and conduct regular performance reviews
• Building action plans and drive the efforts toward the achievement of improved Employee Engagement Survey results
• All other duties as assigned
• Fluent in English, Azeri, Russian or Turkish skills a plus
• 5-7 years security management experience, preferably in a luxury hotel
• Diploma/ Certification in a two-year minimum Law Enforcement or related Security programs
• Thorough knowledge of Federal/Provincial/State/Municipal/County codes covering health & safety, fire, building, Innkeepers Act and Hospitality Law
• Thorough knowledge of all operational aspects of a hotel security department and experience in handling administrative and managerial matters
• Fire safety & First Aid certification
• Strong leadership and communication skills
• Analytical skills, strength as a developer and a leader of others are essential
• Ability to train others and lead training course for all colleagues
• International experience an asset
• Meet the minimum Azerbaijani Security license requirements
• Self-motivated and able to make quick decisions, solve problems, initiate action and complete assignments on a timely basis.
• Must be able to handle a multitude of tasks in an intense, ever-changing environment while remaining calm and collective
Visa Requirements: Must have valid work and residence permit for Azerbaijan.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Səbail, Bakı, Azerbaijan
- Starting in
- As soon as possible