Housekeeping ManagerCreating an engaging work environment for Colleagues of Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is as important as turning moments into memories for our guests. Your leadership skills and the values you model as Housekeeping Manager will inspire your team – not only to ensure an exceptional in-room guest experience, but also to grow their careers with Fairmont.
Hotel Overview: At the core of Century Plaza’s collection of world-class culinary, entertainment, and leisure opportunities stands the Fairmont Century Plaza Hotel, which since 1966 has been hailed for visionaries design and service. Century Plaza’s unparalleled team of designers have transformed this modern Los Angeles landmark into the heartbeat of 21st-century city living. Shopping and entertainment at Century Plaza surpass the expectations of the most discerning individual, complementing 1.2 million square feet of elite retail at the newly completed Westfield Century City just next door. Verdant landscapes and a commissioned sculpture by Jaume Plensa add vitality and spirit to Century Plaza's 24/7 urban energy.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director, Housekeeping, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Lead and manage the day-to-day operation of the department and ensure service standards are followed
- Address guest concerns and react quickly, logging and notifying proper departments as required
- Conduct regularly scheduled departmental meetings
- Manage the departmental budget in a fiscally responsible manner
- Oversee the recruitment and training of all Housekeeping Colleagues
- Balance operational, administrative and Colleague needs
- Follow departmental policies and procedures
- Report necessary maintenance items
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous leadership experience required
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications preferred
- University/College degree in a related discipline an asset
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Frequent standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Must provide proof of eligibility to be employed in the United States of America.
Fairmont Century Plaza is an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE/M/F/V/D
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
- Job type
- Century City, Los Angeles, CA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract