Assistant Front Office Manager
Providing engaging, sincere, personalized service is one of the ways our Front Office Colleagues are turning moments into memories for our guests at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts. Showcase your interpersonal strengths as Assistant Front Office Manager, where you will lead, train and recognize your team in support of exceptional guest service!
Hotel Overview: Fairmont Château Laurier is the iconic hotel of Ottawa - Canada's capital city. Built in the age of grandeur, Ottawa's very own castle is a magnificent limestone edifice with turrets and masonry reminiscent of a French château. A symbol of timeless elegance, the hotel combines a distinctive blend of historic charm and modern efficiencies.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Front Office, the Assistant Front Office Manager is responsible for ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of the Front Desk and Door/Valet Services. They also assist with overseeing our Royal Service team and Bell Services. In the absence of Senior Management, the Assistant Front Office Manager has the overall responsibility for the smooth operation of the hotel during their shift. The successful candidate must possess the business acumen to make responsible, informed decisions and clear, concise communication skills to ensure prompt follow-up. This candidate must ensure that all standards, procedures, guest satisfaction and financial objectives are met on a consistent basis by the team colleagues and leaders.
- Supports the Director of Front Office in developing, training, and mentoring the Guest Service Managers and Night Manager to ensure high level of service on all shifts
- Acts on behalf of Hotel Management for all guest, colleague and security issues and ensures that all challenges are responded to with a sense of urgency.
- Communicates effectively with all hotel departments with all relevant information and required follow-ups.
- Promotes strong interaction and teamwork with all hotel departments.
- Makes certain that all Fairmont Château Laurier policies, procedures & Corporate standards are known, followed and acted upon at all times.
- Ensures the achievement of divisional financial objectives through practices such as creative scheduling as well as consistently monitoring productivity and ensuring the accurate administration of payroll.
- Works with the Director of Revenue, Director of Front Office, and Guest Service Managers to manage the daily room inventory to ensure revenues are maximized.
- Audits and completes Accounting transactions for several areas, including: rate verification for all rooms, audits, closing procedures for the computer systems and others.
- Continuously develops, promotes and supports a service culture in keeping with the standards of Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, leading to outstanding LQA service audit results.
- Ensures the highest quality of colleague training and monitors performance on an on-going basis.
- Actively participates in all facets of employee development including: recruitment, interviewing, training, developing & promoting outstanding people.
- Conducts employee performance reviews and effectively manages employee relations.
- Ensures our Le Club AccorHotels members’ reservations are in order and members’ expectations are met, driving loyalty objectives
- Participates actively in the achievement of Trust You (Voice of the Guest) initiatives.
- Takes ownership in the achievement of Colleague Engagement Survey objectives.
- Promotes and enforces the hotel’s Health & Safety standards.
- Able to manage key emergency/crisis responses and takes the lead in any situation that may occur while on shift
- Able to represent the Director of Front Office in their absence
- Performs related duties and special projects as assigned.
- Minimum two (2) years previous Front Office leadership experience in a luxury property required
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with proven service leadership skills and the ability to inspire colleagues and leaders to deliver outstanding service.
- Organized and results-oriented with the ability to be flexible and perform well under pressure in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to handle day-to-day operations of the Front Desk and the hotel in general, with excellent business acumen in the absence of Senior Management.
- Excellent written/spoken English is required as well as good written/spoken French.
- Knowledge of Opera Property Management System and other core technology applications essential as well as experience with Microsoft Office Suite programs.
- Computer troubleshooting experience would be an asset.
- Degree or diploma in Hotel Administration from a recognized University or College an asset.
- First Aid/CPR Certification an asset.
- Must be available to work variable shifts including overnights.
Visa Requirements: Must already be legally entitled to work in Canada
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Byward Market - Parliament Hill, Ottawa, Canada
- Starting in
- As soon as possible