Fairmont Gold Attendant - Part Time
Fairmont Gold is a special place! The personalized service provided as you greet your Guests at check- in or serve them in the private lounge, will show them that you truly care. The luxury our Guests experience and the memories you make as a Fairmont Gold Attendant will create a sense of loyalty that will ensure their return.
Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service.
- Provide exceptional service in the Fairmont Gold lounge.
- Responsible for the set up and break down of all food and beverage presentations in the lounge. (breakfast, coffee/tea service, bar service and canapés).
- Assist guests regarding food and beverage menu items. Have knowledge of all menu items, garnishes, contents and preparation methods.
- Attention to detail in ensuring the lounge is well maintained at all times and that the ambiance changes in the lounge from one food and beverage presentation to the next.
Identify guest preferences and act on them to develop and maintain strong guest relationships to ensure Fairmont Gold loyalty.
- Provide personalized Concierge information to our Guests about local and area attractions.
- Effectively organize the Fairmont Gold pantry and storage areas to ensure efficiency.
Assist with controlling inventory needed for Fairmont Gold pantry and storage areas. (food and liquor).
Create strong relationships with departments that support Fairmont Gold- primarily the culinary and stewarding departments
Make certain that all Fairmont Château Laurier policies, procedures and corporate Fairmont Gold standards are known, followed and acted upon at all times.
Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage items.
- Follow all sustainability standards and initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications:• Previous customer related experience preferred• Previous PMS experience an asset • Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications an asset• Must possess a professional presentation • Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities• Highly responsible & reliable• Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment• Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team• Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position: Physical aspects of the position include but are not limited to the following: • Frequent standing and walking throughout shift• Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting• Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Please note that you must already be legally entitled to work in Canada
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
- Job type
- Byward Market - Parliament Hill, Ottawa, Canada
- Starting in
- As soon as possible