Night Manager - Full Time Providing engaging, sincere, personalized service is one of the ways our Front Office Colleagues and Leaders are turning moments into memories for our guests at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts. Showcase your leadership and interpersonal strengths as Guest Services Manager, where you will foster an engaged team, maximize operations and ensure exceptional guest service.
Hotel Overview: Fairmont Château Laurier is the iconic hotel of Ottawa - Canada’s capital city. Built in the age of grandeur, Ottawa’s very own castle is a magnificent limestone edifice with turrets and masonry reminiscent of a French château. A symbol of timeless elegance, the hotel combines a distinctive blend of historic charm and modern efficiencies.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Responsible to oversee the Front Desk and overall hotel operations on the overnight shift from 11:00 pm to 7:30 am
- Acts on behalf of Hotel Management for all guest, colleague and security issues and ensures that all challenges are responded to with a sense of urgency
- Key member of the Emergency Response team, must be able to manage emergent situations calmly with service and safety in mind.
- Audits and completes Accounting transactions for several areas, including: rate verification for all rooms, closing procedures for the computer systems and others
- Communicates effectively and accurately with all hotel departments with all relevant information in a timely manner
- Ensures that all Fairmont Château Laurier policies, procedures & Corporate standards are known, followed and acted upon at all times.
- Support of the Guest Service Management team in overall daily operations with consistent service focus at all times
Role model our Service Promises and ensure all reporting colleagues have a keen focus on delivery of our Service Essentials
Develops an engaged, enthusiastic and guest driven team through recruitment, personal and professional development and recognition
Ensures Fairmont standards, procedures, and practices are followed by providing the highest quality of colleague training, monitoring performance and providing coaching on an on-going basis
Conduct employee performance reviews and effectively manage employee relations
Cooperates, coordinates and communicates with other departments to ensure the highest level of Guest Service is maintained
- Works with the Director, Front Office, Guest Service Managers, and Director, Revenue to manage the daily room inventory to ensure revenues are maximized
- Continuously develops, promotes and supports a service culture in keeping with the standards of Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
- Ensures our Fairmont President Club members’ reservations are in order and members’ expectations are met
- Participates actively in the achievement of Guest Satisfaction (VOG) and Fairmont Brand Standards compliance (LQA)
- Takes ownership in the implementation of Employee Engagement Survey (CES) initiatives
- Promotes and enforces the hotel’s Health & Safety standards
- Performs related duties and special projects as assigned
- Minimum two (2) years previous Front Office supervisory experience in a luxury property
- Degree or diploma in Hotel Administration from a recognized University or College.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with proven service leadership skills and the ability to inspire colleagues to deliver outstanding service
- Organized and results-oriented with the ability to be flexible and perform well under pressure in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Ability to handle day-to-day operations of the Front Desk and the hotel in general, with excellent business acumen in the absence of Senior management
- Excellent written/spoken English is required as well as good written/spoken French.
- Knowledge of Property Manager, Micros/Fidelio, other Fairmont applications as well as Microsoft Excel & Word.
- Computer troubleshooting experience would be an asset.
Visa Requirements: Must be eligible to work in Canada
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Sustainability Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Byward Market - Parliament Hill, Ottawa, Canada
- Starting in
- As soon as possible