Hotel Overview: Fairmont Château Laurier is the iconic hotel of Ottawa - Canada’s capital city. Built in the age of grandeur, Ottawa’s very own castle is a magnificent limestone edifice with turrets and masonry reminiscent of a French château. A symbol of timeless elegance, the hotel combines a distinctive blend of historic charm and modern efficiencies.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to Director of Sales & Marketing, the Sales Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and assisting with the daily operations of the Sales department by providing clerical and administrative support.
- Full clerical and administrative duties sales managers including the handling of telephone inquiries, faxing, photocopying and distribution of sales correspondence, processing and distribution of information to appropriate departments, filing and other administrative duties as needed
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports as required
- Responsible for updating of the filing system, maintain a consistent level of Conference Planning Guides, Brochures and Banquet Menus in the Sales office. Ordering collateral and supplies when needed
- Qualify and respond to general inquiries from both established and prospective customers; be able to issue and assist in closing sales contracts. Upon closing, coordinate and follow up with other hotel departments to ensure delivery of hotel’s promised services
- Ensure prompt and courteous service is extended to both internal and external customers
- Perform site inspections and attend client functions and familiarization tours as required
- Understand paper flow and be able to establish necessary procedures to ensure other departments are completely informed
- Any other duties as required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and excellent communication skills in French a strong asset
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, and Excel
- Knowledge of Opera an asset
- Committed to exceeding the expectations of both internal and external guests
- Sales or Rooms department experience in a hotel environment is an asset
- Must be a proven team player, professional and enthusiastic with excellent organizational skills
Visa Requirements: Please note that you must already be legally entitled to work in Canada
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
- Job type
- Byward Market - Parliament Hill, Ottawa, Canada
- Starting in
- As soon as possible