Manhattan VIP Manager
Hotel Overview: Fairmont Chengdu, situated within the Palm Springs International Center, is located in the heart of Tianfu New Area and Chengdu Hi-tech Zone and is adjacent to the Century City New International Convention & Exhibition Center, Global Center and the Tianfu Software Park. Palm Springs International Center includes the hotel, an grade A level commercial office tower and two luxury residential towers, anchored by a 42,100 square meter retail mall.The hotel features 336 guest rooms, Willow Stream Spa, Gold Executive Floor, over 1,350 square meters of meeting facilities, and a collection of F&B concepts including an all-day-dining restaurant Spectrum, CUBE a three-floor concept - lounge, cocktail bar and Japanese restaurant, a signature Sichuan Chinese restaurant Chang Yi, and our feature restaurant and bar occupying the top two levels of the hotel, Manhattan.Chengdu is one of China’s most famous cities and is a top destination for people from China and around the world to visit. It has a deep culture and history, hundreds of amazing tourist attractions and of course the famous Chengdu and Sichuan cuisine. Chengdu has been listed as one of the fastest growing and top 4 cities to live in in China.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Operations, Manhattan, the Manhattan VIP Manager is responsible for ensuring that the team is fully knowledgeable and skilled on all aspects to provide all of our guests the highest level of service, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure that all Manhattan restaurant and bar Standards of Service & Operational Procedures are adhered to.
- Ensure all guest procedures, including VIP are being met or exceeded on a daily basis for all VIP guests.
- Coordinate the Arrival, Stay and Departure experiences for the guests, including VIP guests, to ensure a seamless experience.
- Liaise with all key departments to gather the correct information relating to each VIP and high profile guest.
- Communicate relevant information and special requirements to all departments to ensure the expectations of guests, including all VIP, are exceeded.
- Works directly with the Manhattan restaurant and bar operations to ensure a seamless experience for all guests, including VIP.
- Create Daily and Weekly reports highlighting the upcoming arrivals and in house VIP’s and guests.
- Review all VIP and high profile guest arrivals for the next ten days on a daily basis
- Coordinate with the team to ensure VIP preferences are consistently met.
- Assist VIP and high profile guests with preparation of activity itineraries and ground transportation when applicable.
- Ensure the team are aware of special billing arrangements.
- Perform pre-arrival communication to VIP guests when applicable to ensure the correct information is obtained and communicated to departments prior to arrival.
- Contact with each VIP guest during their stay and assist with any needs that arise.
- Ensure all VIP folios are correct and delivered the night prior to departure; schedule check out services with Guest Services team.
- Review all VIP guest incidents and ensure proper follow up is completed with the relevant departments.
- To provide continuity of management in regards to emergency response and crisis handling – ensuring that team members and guests are aware of the situation and appropriate responses.
- Assist with the coordination of management of the other departments while on duty to ensure a smooth operation and the highest level of guest satisfaction.
- Provide Guidance and motivation to the Manhattan Team. Establishes and communicates on a daily basis with the Manhattan Team.
- Oversees group business, reviewing and ensuring details of group resumes are met and serve as a liaison with the group organizer.
- Effectively maximizes inventory levels during high occupancy/sold out nights.
- Organize team meetings and briefings, as well as conduct Colleague Performance Reviews.
- Ensure all team members are maintaining the standards of personal presentation and hygiene.
- Ensure all shifts are adequately staffed to meet the business demand when scheduling the manpower.
- Liase with the Training Manager in regards to training for the Manhattan team.
- Constantly monitor team member’s performance and give feedback.
- Carry out spot checks of the reception and cashiers task to ensure that it is according to standards.
- To provide a visual management presence in the Lobby.
- To ensure the safe operation of Manhattan.
- To provide continuity of management in complaint handling, both face to face, via telephone and in writing, depending on the situation and requirement.
- To be informed and compliant with all forms of Manhattan systems and technology, Internet access, telephones and be able to resolve arising issues.
- To take a full and accurate handover from the previous shift ensuring that all necessary follow-up are recorded and followed up on.
- To ensure an accurate and updated Guest logbook; providing a written log of the day’s guest related issues submitted to the team.
- To be fully conversant with the daily events and respond promptly to the service needs of guests.
- To be aware of all guests with special needs, ensuring that we provide easy and efficient access to the Manhattan using equipment designed for relevant processes.
- To assist guests and colleagues in the case of medical emergency; ensuring a quick and knowledgeable response.
- To ensure that any arising team member issue is dealt with effectively and reported immediately. Should the colleague issue result in gross misconduct, and in the absence of Talent & Culture, the case should be reported to the Executive on Duty. EOD/ Talent & Culture will then follow up.
- To be informed and trained in the resolution of guest IT issues.
- To have an understanding of the Manhattan restaurant and bar and accounting procedures in order to deal with financial issues and their resolution ensuring guest satisfaction whilst adhering to procedures set.
- Must be able to understand the process of achieving the best possible profitability and maximization of revenue in Food and Beverage.
- Deputize for the restaurant and bar Manager and other section heads when required.
- Conduct show round of the Manhattan when required.
- Carry out night shift management duties when required.
- Minimum of 2 years previous management experience in restaurant and bar operations desired.
- Degree or Diploma in Hospitality Management is an asset.
- Bilingual in Mandarin & English.
- Exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills; written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of computerized restaurant and bar systems required with emphasis in Micros-Opera based programs..
- Computer proficiency in a Windows environment (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Enthusiastic team player, with strong self initiative.
- Strong guest service orientation and training skills background required.
- Highly organized, results-oriented with the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize responsibilities.
- Experience in restaurant and bar loyalty programs.
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in China. The company will assist with the working visa for suitable foreigner applicants.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Accor; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
- Job type
- Chengdu, China
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration