Nikkei Restaurant Assistant Manager
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, exceptional service and flavours are the hallmarks of every dining experience. We invite you to develop your leadership strengths as Assistant Outlet Manager – and let your passion for guest service drive consistent guest satisfaction, an engaged team and outstanding operating results.
- Initiatives to aid with the continued development of the Hotels’ positioning as a leader in Food & Beverage service and as a Food and Beverage destination.
- Ongoing control and enhancement of quality standards and guest service.
- Daily supervision, coordination and direction of the outlet colleagues and leaders, anticipating and ensuring prompt, courteous service.
- Ensuring that Nikkei Restaurant maintains a first class and positive visual impact including; ambiance, cleanliness, orderliness, décor and service flows.
- Working together with the Restaurant Manager and the Outlet Sous Chef, to develop new menu ideas and promotions.
- Working with the teams to create new ideas and promotions resulting in increased opportunities for Food & Beverage Sales.
- Working with the kitchen, stewarding and all restaurant leaders to ensure and promote that teamwork is a strong component of the daily service culture.
- Assist with recruiting, staffing and scheduling ensuring an adequate balanced staff and leadership level while maintaining forecasted productivities.
- Ensuring a safe and healthy work environment for all guests and colleagues.
- Monitoring and continued development of food & beverage controls.
- The continuous development and performance management of all colleagues and leaders in Nikkei Restaurant.
- Facilitating setting goals for Nikkei Restaurant leaders.
- Ensuring all training processes are set up and maintained for all leaders and colleagues.
- Reports suspicious people, parcels, and behaviors to Security.
- Ensures adherence to Fairmont’s Code of Ethics
- Minimum one year experience as Assistant Manager in a fast paced, high quality and successful F&B operation
- Must possess outstanding guest services skills, professional presentation and sophisticated communication skills
- Entrepreneurial thinking and analytical business thinking required
- Proficient in the English language (verbal & written), second language is an asset
- Must be able to handle a multitude of tasks in an intense, ever-changing environment
- Must be flexible in terms of working hours.
- Must be computer literate and analytical
- Job type
- Chengdu, China
- Starting in
- As soon as possible