General TradespersonThis position requires a reasonably level of knowledge in general trade. This position requires proficiency and a good foundation in all other areas.
Hotel Overview: A unique blend of contemporary design and urban chic, Fairmont Dubai is an icon in the business heart of the city. Just minutes from Dubai's key attractions, our hotel is linked to the Dubai International Convention Centre. Ten contemporary dining experiences intrigue the palate, our signature Spa and health facilities offer a wealth of amenities, including two terrace sundecks complemented by handcrafted mosaic swimming pools. Fairmont Dubai brings together luxurious surroundings and modern amenities with renowned Fairmont service.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director, Engineering, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Repair, maintain and install work according to departmental procedures.
- Carry out work pertaining to civil eg : repair of damaged wall, carry out grout work in all guest rooms and public area. Fixing of tiles, if required build small wall, carry out gypsum partition wall, fixing of inter lock, granite slabs.
- Fixing of marble and repair of damaged marble in guest room and public area to be carried out.
- Maintaining the exterior and interior of the building in all civil aspect will be the prime job.
- Proficient in the English language (verbal & written), second language is an asset.
- Previous experience in the field required.
- Must have the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to complete requests in timely, accurate, efficient and knowledgeable manner.
- 5 year hands-on experience working in respective trade.
- Must have good knowledge as general trade.
- Previous Hotel experience an asset
- Experience Working in the UAE is an asset.
- Must be flexible in terms of working hours
- A self-starter, take initiative, can make decisions in fast-paced, changing environment.
- Previous experience is an asset
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to ):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
Visa Requirements: Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist! ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTSAt Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
- Job type
- Trade Centre, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract
In the heart of this unique destination is Fairmont Dubai. Conveniently located, this luxury hotel in Dubai is just 10 minutes away from the world’s largest shopping centre – The Dubai Mall, Burj Khalifa, the tallest man-made structure in the world, and the Dubai Fountain, which shoots water as high as a 50-storey building, as well as being minutes from Dubai’s coastline with a number of popular beaches like Jumeirah beach. A few metro stops from the hotel is Mall of the Emirates – a multi level shopping mall that houses Ski Dubai, the Middle East’s first indoor ski resort and snow park.
The hotel is also directly connected to the metro system and is linked to the convention and exhibition areas of the Dubai World Trade Centre by a covered, air-conditioned bridge.
Recently completing a multi-million dollar lobby renovation, the hotel also boasts natural daylight throughout the majority of its meeting spaces located on the 33rd floor, while 394 guestrooms, suites, and penthouses provide a welcome retreat whether traveling on business, leisure or both.
An array of restaurants and lounges await you from Noire – the Middle East’s only dining in the dark concept, The Exchange Grill, a New York inspired steakhouse to Dokuz, an outdoor rooftop Turkish lounge or Catch, the contemporary American restaurant that serves sophisticated seafood with an energetic dining atmosphere.
Fairmont Dubai also features two of the trendiest night clubs in the city. Cavalli Club by international fashion designer Roberto Cavalli has quickly become one of Dubai’s most elite nightspots, while London Mayfair’s Cirque Le Soir brings a carnival atmosphere and spectacular theatrics.
For the business or leisure traveller seeking tranquility and relaxation, Fairmont Dubai offers The Spa, covering 40,000 square feet of leisure facilities featuring a Health Club and two rooftop swimming pools, providing breathtaking views of sunrise and sunset over an ever-changing Dubai skyline.