Guest Services AgentFirst impressions are everything! Your engaging smile and personality are the essence of a great Guest Services Agent with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts. As you personally greet our Guests and assist them throughout the day, you will be empowered to deliver on our mission of "Turning moments into memories for our guests".
A unique blend of contemporary design and urban chic, Fairmont Dubai is an icon in the business heart of the city. Just minutes from Dubai's key attractions, our hotel is linked to the Dubai International Convention Centre. Ten contemporary dining experiences intrigue the palate, our signature Spa and health facilities offer a wealth of amenities, including two terrace sundecks complemented by handcrafted mosaic swimming pools. Fairmont Dubai brings together luxurious surroundings and modern amenities with renowned Fairmont service.
Summary of Responsibilities: Reporting to the Assistant Guest Services Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinate all Guest Service operations communicating with colleagues to ensure that they are performing their functions in accordance with established hotel standards
- Coordinate prompt and efficient handling of baggage on arrival, during stay and upon departure
- Assign Bellmen, Doormen, Drivers and Airport Concierge to perform duties as needed regarding requests from Guests, determining work schedules and recording important information
- Greet every Guest approaching the bell desk, and acknowledge waiting Guests if they are engaged at that time
- Utilize knowledge of hotel facilities and local merchants and attractions
- Ensure incoming faxes are delivered to Guest rooms within 15 minutes of receiving
- Ensure that luggage will be delivered to arriving Guest rooms within 15 minutes, and will advise the guest if there is a delay
- Ensure that a bellman will arrive to collect bags within 10 minutes of a call from the Guest, and will inform the Guest if there is a delay
- Ensure that Guest luggage is kept secure
- Monitor and control bell service supplies for optimum usage
- Ensure accurate posting of airport transfer charges to guest rooms and arranges additional transport requirements
- Keep an accurate record of all luggage delivered and collected, as well as all items delivered to rooms
- Prepare the daily driver schedule
- Provide stamps for sale to Guests, and post the profit made to the Guest Services revenue account
- Communicate and liaise with the airport staff to keep abreast of development
- Make all arrangements during rainy days; coordinate with Housekeeping department, Engineering department and the colleagues on duty
- Organize the breaks timings for the Bellmen and Doormen Colleague
- Be responsible of the
grooming check of the Colleagues on duty, including uniforms, name tags
- Proficient in the English language (verbal & written), second language is an asset
- Must be able to handle a multitude of tasks in an intense, ever-changing environment
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Previous customer related experience an asset
- Previous PMS experience an asset
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications an asset
- Must be able to type 25 words per minute
- Must possess a professional presentation
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
- Hospitality Diploma is an asset
- Must be flexible in terms of working hours
- Must have the ability to handle cash effectively and accurately
Physical Aspects of Position: Physical aspects of the position include but are not limited to the following:
- Frequent standing and walking throughout shift
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
- Job type
- Trade Centre, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract
In the heart of this unique destination is Fairmont Dubai. Conveniently located, this luxury hotel in Dubai is just 10 minutes away from the world’s largest shopping centre – The Dubai Mall, Burj Khalifa, the tallest man-made structure in the world, and the Dubai Fountain, which shoots water as high as a 50-storey building, as well as being minutes from Dubai’s coastline with a number of popular beaches like Jumeirah beach. A few metro stops from the hotel is Mall of the Emirates – a multi level shopping mall that houses Ski Dubai, the Middle East’s first indoor ski resort and snow park.
The hotel is also directly connected to the metro system and is linked to the convention and exhibition areas of the Dubai World Trade Centre by a covered, air-conditioned bridge.
Recently completing a multi-million dollar lobby renovation, the hotel also boasts natural daylight throughout the majority of its meeting spaces located on the 33rd floor, while 394 guestrooms, suites, and penthouses provide a welcome retreat whether traveling on business, leisure or both.
An array of restaurants and lounges await you from Noire – the Middle East’s only dining in the dark concept, The Exchange Grill, a New York inspired steakhouse to Dokuz, an outdoor rooftop Turkish lounge or Catch, the contemporary American restaurant that serves sophisticated seafood with an energetic dining atmosphere.
Fairmont Dubai also features two of the trendiest night clubs in the city. Cavalli Club by international fashion designer Roberto Cavalli has quickly become one of Dubai’s most elite nightspots, while London Mayfair’s Cirque Le Soir brings a carnival atmosphere and spectacular theatrics.
For the business or leisure traveller seeking tranquility and relaxation, Fairmont Dubai offers The Spa, covering 40,000 square feet of leisure facilities featuring a Health Club and two rooftop swimming pools, providing breathtaking views of sunrise and sunset over an ever-changing Dubai skyline.