The Housekeeping Attendant’s primary responsibility is to provide our Guest with a clean, comfortable, and properly maintained room. The Housekeeping Attendant creates memorable Guest experiences by observing guest preferences in the room. Housekeeping Attendant works closely with other colleagues and departments to ensure that the guest receives an exceptional product and service. A fantastic entry-level opportunity in a company where you can truly develop your hospitality career!
A unique blend of contemporary design and urban chic, Fairmont Dubai is an icon in the business heart of the city. Just minutes from Dubai's key attractions, our hotel is linked to the Dubai International Convention Centre. Ten contemporary dining experiences intrigue the palate, our signature Spa and health facilities offer a wealth of amenities, including two terrace sundecks complemented by handcrafted mosaic swimming pools. Fairmont Dubai brings together luxurious surroundings and modern amenities with renowned Fairmont service.
Summary of Responsibilities: Reporting to the Assistant Executive Housekeeper, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Demonstrates the Fairmont’s Service Plus Standards in all interactions
- Ambassador of Fairmont Dubai by providing memorable Guest experiences
- Responsible for the daily section assignment in cleaning Guest rooms and public areas to hotel standard
- Monitor daily operating supplies of their floor pantry, including chemicals, linens, amenities and Guest room stationary items
- Report for duty punctually; wearing the correct uniform as stated in the Uniform and Grooming Policy of the Hotel
- Responsible for personal appearance and hygiene is to hotel standard
- Attend daily briefing in Housekeeping office conducted by the Department Leaders
- Ensure key control procedures and adheres to Hotel’s policies with regards to security
- Report observations, requests & inquiries, and Guest concerns to Floor Supervisor or Office Coordinator
- Performs other additional duties and special projects at the direction of Housekeeping Leaders
- Follow Occupational Health & Safety regulations
- Ensure adherence to Fairmont’s Code of Ethics
- Must possess outstanding Guest service skills, professional presentation and sophisticated verbal and written communication skills
- Must be Guest-oriented, have a vibrant personality, posses strong initiative with observational skills & attention to details
- Proficient in English language (verbal and written) with a second or third language as an asset
- Must be able to handle a multitude of tasks in an intense, ever changing environment
- Must be flexible in terms of working hours, and able to work with little or no supervision
- Must be a strong team player with departmental cooperation
Physical Aspects of Position: Physical aspects of the position include but are not limited to the following:
Constant standing and walking throughout shift
Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
Frequent kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
In the heart of this unique destination is Fairmont Dubai. Conveniently located, this luxury hotel in Dubai is just 10 minutes away from the world’s largest shopping centre – The Dubai Mall, Burj Khalifa, the tallest man-made structure in the world, and the Dubai Fountain, which shoots water as high as a 50-storey building, as well as being minutes from Dubai’s coastline with a number of popular beaches like Jumeirah beach. A few metro stops from the hotel is Mall of the Emirates – a multi level shopping mall that houses Ski Dubai, the Middle East’s first indoor ski resort and snow park.
The hotel is also directly connected to the metro system and is linked to the convention and exhibition areas of the Dubai World Trade Centre by a covered, air-conditioned bridge.
Recently completing a multi-million dollar lobby renovation, the hotel also boasts natural daylight throughout the majority of its meeting spaces located on the 33rd floor, while 394 guestrooms, suites, and penthouses provide a welcome retreat whether traveling on business, leisure or both.
An array of restaurants and lounges await you from Noire – the Middle East’s only dining in the dark concept, The Exchange Grill, a New York inspired steakhouse to Dokuz, an outdoor rooftop Turkish lounge or Catch, the contemporary American restaurant that serves sophisticated seafood with an energetic dining atmosphere.
Fairmont Dubai also features two of the trendiest night clubs in the city. Cavalli Club by international fashion designer Roberto Cavalli has quickly become one of Dubai’s most elite nightspots, while London Mayfair’s Cirque Le Soir brings a carnival atmosphere and spectacular theatrics.
For the business or leisure traveller seeking tranquility and relaxation, Fairmont Dubai offers The Spa, covering 40,000 square feet of leisure facilities featuring a Health Club and two rooftop swimming pools, providing breathtaking views of sunrise and sunset over an ever-changing Dubai skyline.