Pool CleanerFostering the health and wellbeing of our guests, visitors and Colleagues is an integral part of our Fairmont Hotels & Resorts culture. While our guests are swimming, the water cleanliness and high hygiene standard you provide as a Pool Cleaner will make them feel valued. Hotel Overview: Located on the east coast of the United Arab Emirates with sweeping views of the Gulf known for its natural beauty set against the backdrop of the historic Hajar Mountains. The hotel consists of 180 rooms and residences, along with a marina and beach club.
Summary of Responsibilities: Reporting to the Pool Technician, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging services
Welcome guests to the pool facility and ensure they have a safe and enjoyable experience
- Diagnoses and maintains public swimming pools hygiene, whirlpools and other water features at the hotel premises.
- Maintain the proper chemical balance for the pool.
- Maintain the pool area including cleaning of the deck and other tasks.
- Respond to swimming pool related cleaning orders in a timely, friendly and efficient manner..
- Carrying out scheduled water cleaning, using chemicals like chlorine.
- Regularly testing swimming pool water quality and pH balance.
- Maintains manual or automated records of all cleaning and maintenance activities and prepares daily / weekly / monthly reports.
- Operates and inspects tools and equipment and makes minor adjustments and repairs.
- Fixing lights above and below water level.
- Use swimming pool vacuum cleaners to clean the pool floor.
- Checking and repairing corrosion, cracks and leaks in the pool walls or floors.
- Use a telescopic pole with net to clean and remove any leafs or derbies.
- Making sure equipment like pool covers, diving boards and slides are in good working order
- Logging and reporting equipment faults or water quality problems to managers.
- Able to work in other areas in the hotel like helping in Spa & recreation if required.
Previous water and swimming pool cleaning experience preferred
Good communication and organizational skills
Swimming skills preferred
Highly responsible & reliable
Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position (includes but are not limited to):
Frequent standing and walking throughout shift
Occasional lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs
Frequent kneeling, pushing, pulling, sitting
Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in the United Arab Emirates. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
- Job type
- Suwayfah, Dibba Al Fujairah, United Arab Emirates
- Starting in
- As soon as possible