Assistant Restaurant Manager
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, exceptional service and flavors are the hallmarks of every dining experience. We invite you to develop your leadership strengths as Assistant Restaurant Manager – and let your passion for guest service drive consistent guest satisfaction, an engaged team and outstanding operating results.
Summary of responsibilities:
Assist the General Manager in all of the following tasks. Supervise the associates and daily operations of the outlet. Ensure food quality and adherence to all service standards. Lead and direct the work of the team by delegating responsibilities to colleagues and supervise the tasks through completion. Oversee reservations, VIPs and any special guest needs.
Anticipate the guests’ needs and respond appropriately with a sense of urgency.
Conduct ongoing training and mentoring of colleagues in the performance of their duties and Food and Beverage knowledge.
Effectively communicate with management and chefs in order to fulfill and address any issues or needs requested by guests. Conduct daily inspections to maintain furniture, fixtures and equipment. Ensure dining room is properly maintained at a 5-star environment, including carpet, walls, light bulbs, windows and overall general cleanliness. Be visibly present on the outlet floor during service and solicit feedback from guests.
Organize and oversee the restaurant. Ensure quality of food, beverage, service and ambiance. Maintain proper staffing and timeliness of restaurant.
Job responsibilities include; although are not limited to:
- Display a congenial appearance and is well groomed at all times.
Hire staff, coach & counsel staff, evaluate their performance and document all aspects of their employment
Circulate the floor continually checking on guests and staff to ensure everything is to the guests liking.
Conduct pre-shift meetings on a daily basis.
Control flow of room by following proper seating standards and monitoring kitchen volume to maintain the integrity of the dining experience.
Training both group and individual to stress service, safety, and product knowledge
Monitor compliance with safety and hygiene regulations.
Coordinates all service staff for all meal periods.
Oversee maintenance of all equipment, linen and cleanliness.
Staff functions for optimum labor costs, and maximum service.
Write accurate schedules within designated staffing guidelines
Maintain uniform inventory and linen inventory.
Perform all other administrative functions required and communicate information from management meetings.
Work in safe manner at all times and follow all safety procedures as outlined in your Standards of Conduct and Loss Prevention Manual.
Knowledge of the food and beverage menu offered.
- Ability to prioritize work load.
- Food Handlers Card required.
- Organization skills and ability to adapt quickly to any given situation.
- Background in supervising, basic knowledge of hotel and food and beverage and minimum of two years’ experience in Food & Beverage Management with high volume in a similar restaurant environment.
- Availability to work within opening hours. (e.g. evenings, holidays, weekends.)
- Familiarity with restaurant management software. (e.g. OpenTable, Micros, Watson.)
- Familiarity with office programs and functions for excel and word documents.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
All of the above to be done fluently in English.
- Job type
- Carmel Valley, San Diego, CA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract