Cafeteria Cook III
Just east of the Pacific and slightly north of Expectation.Welcome to Fairmont Grand Del Mar. An elegant tribute to classic Mediterranean estate, seamlessly fusing old-world charm with modern luxury. Here, an award-winning, Renaissance-inspired spa, critically acclaimed dining, exclusive boutique shopping and championship golf course.
Growth and advancement is not only available, it is actively encouraged. We promote a balanced life for our colleagues, continuously seeking new ways to improve our environment and to support our beautiful home of San Diego.
Summary of Responsibilities:
To produce all hot and cold food items for service in the restaurant and catering functions, ensuring that all are prepared according to Fairmont Grand Del Mar standards and specifications.
· Prepare food of consistent quality following Fairmont Grand Del Mar standards.
· Date all food containers and rotate per Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
· Practice safety standards at all times.
· Cook orders as requested, including special requests.
· Start food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure not to prepare over estimated needs.
· Practice sanitation standards at all times. Make sure that all perishables are being kept at the proper temperatures.
· Properly portion all items on assigned station.
· Control food waste, loss and usage per SOP. Assist in setting up plans and actions to correct any food cost problems.
· Check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set up. Note any out-of-stock items or possible shortages. Assist in keeping buffet stocked.
· Assist in prep work of vegetables and condiments as required for the next shift.
· Return all food items not used on next shift to designated storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables.
Each associate is expected to carry out, within their capabilities, all reasonable requests by management.
Ability to verbally communicate effectively with guests and co-workers.
Pushing, pulling, bending, stooping, upward reaching
Ability to read BEO
Cooks on carving station, pasta, omelet and stir fry stations
Ability to work all banquet functions
Ability to cut, trim and bone meat prior to cooking
Ability to wash, peel, cut and shred fruits and vegetable to prepare them for use
Ability to have a positive relationship with other departments
Ability to bake, broil, sauté and steam meats, fish, vegetables and other foods
Ability to measure and mix ingredients according to recipes
Must be able to speak and understand basic English
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
Exposure to extreme temperature.
Prolonged periods of standing and/or walking
Visa Requirements: Must be eligible to work in the US
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Carmel Valley, San Diego, CA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible