Host / HostessAs a Host/Hostess with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, you will be an ambassador for the exceptional service and cuisine that are hallmarks of our dining experience. Your warm, personal attention provides a memorable first impression for guests of our restaurants and lounges, making them feel welcome and valued.
Just east of the Pacific and slightly north of Expectation.Welcome to Fairmont Grand Del Mar. An elegant tribute to classic Mediterranean estate, seamlessly fusing old-world charm with modern luxury. Here, an award-winning, Renaissance-inspired spa, critically acclaimed dining, exclusive boutique shopping and championship golf course.
Growth and advancement is not only available, it is actively encouraged. We promote a balanced life for our colleagues, continuously seeking new ways to improve our environment and to support our beautiful home of San Diego.
· Communicate between management and servers of all reservations, guests, and comments
· Greet each guest with a smile upon arrival and departure.
· Answer all phone calls received at the hostess stand
· Maintain cleanliness and organization of hostess stand and entryway
· Basic knowledge of food, beverage, and menu of the restaurant
· Knowledge of the resort to accurately answer guest questions
· Oversee maintenance of all Reservation and Hostess equipment, software, and supplies.
· Communication of guest profile and expectations is essential to rely forward to servers and management.
· Work in a safe manner at all times and follow all safety procedures.
- Prior serving experience preferred.
- Food Handlers Card required.
- High School Graduate.
Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written
Must possess basic computational ability.
Must possess basic computer skills.
Ability to solve problems and make rational decisions.
Knowledge of Restaurant operations, its services, and facilities.
This person must have exceptional communicational skills, as well as superior guest service abilities.
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature generally is moderate and controlled by Restaurant environmental systems.
- Position requires walking and giving direction most of the working day; must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 6 hours in length. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to multi-task in a calm manner on a timely basis.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill daily tasks.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, walking, repetitive motions, bending, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Must have superior guest service abilities as well as complete understanding of California serving guidelines.
- Must be able to work late night shifts when requested.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Carmel Valley, San Diego, CA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible