Under the direction of the Director of Spa, oversee reservations, reception desk and locker room attendants. Maintain day to day operations of the spa facility to assure a smooth, 5-Star performance while exceeding every guest’s expectation every time all while maintaining a positive working environment.
Just east of the Pacific and slightly north of Expectation.Welcome to Fairmont Grand Del Mar. An elegant tribute to classic Mediterranean estate, seamlessly fusing old-world charm with modern luxury. Here, an award-winning, Renaissance-inspired spa, critically acclaimed dining, exclusive boutique shopping and championship golf course.
Growth and advancement is not only available, it is actively encouraged. We promote a balanced life for our colleagues, continuously seeking new ways to improve our environment and to support our beautiful home of San Diego.
Summary of Responsibilities:
· Accountable for all front office, reservations, group sales and public area operations.
· Develop and motivate staff to meet and exceed established service standards.
· Create and maintain a professional, safe, nurturing and healing environment where the experience at The Grand Del Mar lends itself to making a difference in our guest’s lives.
· Coordinate and maintain ongoing training for support staff in the areas of safety, guest service and team building.
· Address staff and guest’s concerns or questions, resolving appropriately.
· Take ownership of any guest or staff related problem and handle accordingly.
· Assure a clean, crisp and sanitary spa.
· Help conduct meetings with spa reservations, front desk, group sales and attendant staff to ensure the staff is informed, trained and inspired.
· Maintain availability and dedication to The Spa at the Grand Del Mar, being available to work weekends, holidays, and evenings.
· Work cooperatively and professionally with all departments.
· Attend regular meetings as directed by the Spa Operations manager or Spa Director.
· Comply with all Grand Del Mar Company safety and health policies and procedures.
· Perform the function of a reservations agent and receptionist on a regularly scheduled basis.
· Participate in the development of the spa operating budget.
· Maintain a thorough knowledge of all treatments and take home products as well as all retail products.
· Keep management informed with all guest, staff and program issues.
· Stay current on all department information, become well-versed and trained in its application and train staff accordingly.
· Perform and assure proper coverage of managers on duty during any shift. Other duties as assigned by Manager.
- Previous experience is an asset
- Must be professional, service oriented, accurate, gentle and work with attention to detail, striving to exceed the expectations of every guest every time.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Valid California Drivers License; CPR certification within 90 days of hire
- Some computer knowledge helpful; not required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office application, Spa Soft (will train) and basic accounting principles.
- Excellent personal appearance, good verbal and written communication skills. Ability to handle stressful situations professionally and multitask with ease all while focusing on the guest. Knowledge of guest service and/or hospitality industry a plus.
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
Visa Requirements: Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
- Job type
- Carmel Valley, San Diego, CA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible