Just east of the Pacific and slightly north of Expectation.Welcome to Fairmont Grand Del Mar. An elegant tribute to classic Mediterranean estate, seamlessly fusing old-world charm with modern luxury. Here, an award-winning, Renaissance-inspired spa, critically acclaimed dining, exclusive boutique shopping and championship golf course.
Growth and advancement is not only available, it is actively encouraged. We promote a balanced life for our colleagues, continuously seeking new ways to improve our environment and to support our beautiful home of San Diego.
This will include the processing of tasks.
This position is dependent on teamwork and a solid foundation based with the mechanical hour capacity and productivity reports and ownership of processes a must for development.
Cleaning and service assigned rooms or areas according to established standards and procedures including making beds, dusting, vacuuming, cleaning and sanitizing bathrooms, removing trash etc.
May include cleaning of kitchen area, room refrigerator, coffee maker, cups, glasses, silverware etc.
Notify supervisor when service is complete so rooms may be sold or occupied.
Monitor and control supplies and amenities, and minimize waste within all areas of housekeeping.
Report, turn in, and/or log all lost and found items according to established procedures.
Communicating all guest requests and/or issues to coordinator
Maintaining a "DND & Refused service" log nightly and reporting to housekeeping coordinator in a timely manner
Follow all of GDM and Forbes standards to each room every single day/night
High School graduate or equivalent is preferred.
Previous experience of one year is preferred.
Understand and comply with all company and departmental rules and regulations, policies and procedures.
Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with staff and guests.
Able to communicate both written and verbally.
Reading and counting is essential.
Requires basic knowledge of housekeeping
Needs to have an aptitude to promote minimum levels of skills and abilities that would create a positive outcome, in a hot and challenging work environment.
Must be able to lift minimum of 50 pounds
Must have ability to work with others to create attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through, courtesy, cooperativeness and work with minimum supervision.
Must have ability to secure minimum levels of skills and abilities that would allow for a proficient job orientation based on specific tasks and methods. This is to provide a safe working environment according to OSHA regulations that would protect both the employee and coworkers.
· Position requires walking and standing most of the working day; must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 6 hours in length. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
· Must be able to exert well-paced ability to multi-task in a calm manner on a timely basis.
· Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space.
· Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill daily tasks.
· Must be able to lift a maximum of 50 lbs. throughout the day.
· Ability to follow directions, perform tasks with attention to detail, speed accuracy, and follow-through.
· Ability to work without direct supervision.
· Ability to work well as part of a team, Set up and organize workstation with designated supplies and equipment.
· Replenish supplies and equipment as needed during the shift.
· Report any faulty equipment, linen shortages, maintenance needs, safety hazards and other problems immediately to your supervisor.
· Restock work areas for the next shift as assigned.
· Successfully complete the training /certification process for this position.
- Job type
- Carmel Valley, San Diego, CA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible