Intern - Food & Beverage
About the job
Intern – FOOD & BEVERAGE
Fairmont The Palm is a luxury, world-class resort located on the iconic Palm Jumeirah Island in Dubai. The hotel features 391 guest rooms and suites with dedicated Fairmont Gold rooms and lounge. A total of 11 food and beverage outlets on property offer international dining options including Little Miss India, Frevo - Brazilian Churrasco experience, Seagrill Bistro, Ba Restaurant and Lounge, Blowfish, Flow Kitchen, The Cigar Room, Vuvuzela and others. Fairmont The Palm also features an expansive pool and beach area with a health club, Willow Stream Spa and the Fairmont Falcons Kids’ Club.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greets guests and presents them with the menu.
- Communicate to the guest and provide assistance with their queries.
- Work as a team to get all the job tasks completed in any given time.
- Observes guests and ensure their satisfaction with the food and service.
- Promptly respond to the guest with any additional request.
- Taking guest feedback and encouraging guest to share their feedback on our social media platform e.g. Trip advisor, Trust you etc.
- Adhere to grooming and appearance standards consistently.
- Understands and can communicate products and services available at the outlet.
- Must have some familiarity with basic cooking knowledge.
- Help other areas of the restaurant such as answering telephones and completing financial transactions.
- To promote efficiency, confidence, courtesy and an extremely high standard of social skills
- To display a pleasant manner and positive attitude at all times and to promote a good company image to guests and colleagues
- To take time and get to know the guests, and to be committed to service excellence
- To provide service that is sincere, warm and enthusiastic, ensuring guest satisfaction
- Flexible member of the department and willing to assist other members of the team when required
- Understand and adhere to the property’s policies and procedures
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal
- Ability to use computer and other related program
- Pro-active and energetic with a positive 'can do' attitude
- Ability to multi-task with prioritization skills
- Should be able to meet deadlines consistently
Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai.
WHY WORK FOR ACCOR?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS
- Department: F&B service
- Language required: English.
We are thrilled to embark on an exciting new chapter as Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, and our unrivaled collection of iconic hotels including Fairmont San Francisco, Fairmont The Norfolk, Nairobi, Fairmont Banff Springs, London’s The Savoy and the Fairmont Peace Hotel in Shanghai, join AccorHotels Group, one of the world’s largest global hotel companies. Together, as a global community of hospitality leaders, we remain committed to cultivating a culture in which our colleagues are encouraged to realize their full potential through rewarding experiences and development opportunities. This exciting growth translates into opportunities, not just to better meet the needs of our guests, but opportunities for you to grow your career within our incredible brands around the world! We encourage you to visit www.jobs.accor.com to learn more!
With our distinctive hotels around the world - and more in development - our global hospitality brand is renowned for its warm, engaging service and unique, culturally rich experiences. Located in some of the world's most unforgettable destinations, Fairmont's unrivalled collection reflects a sense of heritage, sophistication, and social importance. We are also committed to responsible tourism and are an industry leader in sustainable hotel management with our award-winning Green Partnership Program.
We have a 100 year tradition of delivering excellent service in some of the most iconic properties in the world. Our focus on service begins with selecting talented individuals who embody our Brand Promise: Turning moments into memories for our guests