Student Work Experience Program (SWEP) - Housekeeping Opportunities, February to October 2022
Combine valuable work experience with an energetic, fun lifestyle in Canada’s most breathtaking resorts! If you are talented, motivated and enrolled in a culinary program, Student Work Experience Program (SWEP) is your opportunity to relate your classroom study to the day-to-day operations of our incredible resorts.
Apply online by February 28, 2022. Early submissions are strongly encouraged!
Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise is now recruiting for the following SWEP Heart of House Opportunities:
- Housekeeping Room Attendant
- Public Area Attendant
Successful applicants will be matched to available positions based on previous relevant work experience, area of studies and the hotel’s operational requirements.
What is in it for you:
- Live in a National Park and experience all it has to offer
- Subsidized staff accommodation provided on-site for full-time status
- Access to our Lifestyle Program activities
- One duty meal in our newly renovated staff cafeteria
- Employee Travel Program
- Discounts on food & beverage/ fitness centre/ spa/ golf
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise and over 5,100 properties with Accor
What you will be doing:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly, and engaging service
- Follow departmental policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies
- Other duties as assigned
Your experience and skills include:
- Currently enrolled in a culinary program
- Must be returning to school or have a requirement to complete a co-op prior to graduation
- Previous experience as a cook an asset
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
Physical aspects include but are not limited to:
Housekeeping Room Attendant:
- Previous housekeeping experience an asset
- Must be physically fit and able to stand and walk throughout shift and lift, carry and pull up to 50+lbs.
Your team and working environment:
- Fast-paced, upscale, luxury hotel
- Close proximity to multiple ski resorts in winter and world-renowned hiking trails in summer
- Hospitality employees worldwide making this a great place to develop lifelong connections
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS
APPLY TODAY: For more information on working and living in Lake Louise, please visit https://lakelouisejobs.com/
Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
We are thrilled to embark on an exciting new chapter as Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, and our unrivaled collection of iconic hotels including Fairmont San Francisco, Fairmont The Norfolk, Nairobi, Fairmont Banff Springs, London’s The Savoy and the Fairmont Peace Hotel in Shanghai, join AccorHotels Group, one of the world’s largest global hotel companies. Together, as a global community of hospitality leaders, we remain committed to cultivating a culture in which our colleagues are encouraged to realize their full potential through rewarding experiences and development opportunities. This exciting growth translates into opportunities, not just to better meet the needs of our guests, but opportunities for you to grow your career within our incredible brands around the world! We encourage you to visit www.jobs.accor.com to learn more!
With our distinctive hotels around the world - and more in development - our global hospitality brand is renowned for its warm, engaging service and unique, culturally rich experiences. Located in some of the world's most unforgettable destinations, Fairmont's unrivalled collection reflects a sense of heritage, sophistication, and social importance. We are also committed to responsible tourism and are an industry leader in sustainable hotel management with our award-winning Green Partnership Program.
We have a 100 year tradition of delivering excellent service in some of the most iconic properties in the world. Our focus on service begins with selecting talented individuals who embody our Brand Promise: Turning moments into memories for our guests