Every memorable dining experience at Fairmont Hotels and Resorts begins behind the scenes with our Culinary team’s commitment to safe, efficient operations and exceptional cuisine. As Commis , the care you devote to all aspects of food preparation will result in the creation of truly spectacular fare.
Central to shopping, sightseeing, restaurants and bars, and the business district. The green park surrounding the Fairmont Quasar Istanbul, offers breathing space in a dense part of the city. The hotel is about 20 km to Atatürk Airport and in convenient walking distance to metro.
Business and leisure travelers alike will experience the utmost in comfort and luxury at the Fairmont Quasar Istanbul. The 209 luxury guestrooms include 25 Suites, 33 Gold Rooms and 64 Apartments, all elegantly designed for the discerning modern traveler and cuisine that ranges from traditional Turkish to health-conscious to international, guests will find just what they need for the perfect Istanbul experience.
Fitness enthusiasts can enjoy the 2000 sqm, well-equipped Willow Stream Spa and Health Club, during summer, guests can also enjoy our outdoor swimming pool overlooking the Bosphorus.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and proactive guest service while supporting fellow Colleagues
- Prepare and service all food items for a la carte andor buffet menus according to hotel recipes and standards
- Actively share ideas, opinions and suggestions in daily shift briefings
- Maintain proper rotation of product in all chillers to minimize wastage/spoilage
- Ensure storeroom requisitions are accurate
- Have full knowledge of all menu items, daily features and promotions
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of all work areas, utensils, and equipment
- Follow kitchen policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous experience in the Culinary field required
- Journeyman’s papers or international equivalent an asset
- DiplomaCertification in a Culinary discipline an asset
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
- Job type
- İstanbul, Turkey
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract