Supervisor Kitchen Stewarding
Hotel Overview: Fairmont arrives in IndiaA leader in the global hotel industry, Fairmont Hotels & Resorts offers guests an extraordinary collection of iconic luxury properties, including New York’s The Plaza, Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel and London’s The Savoy. We are proud to extend this tradition of hospitality to our first destination in India, the exquisite Fairmont Jaipur opened on 9th August 2012.
As the stunning capital of the Indian state of Rajasthan, Jaipur—known as the ‘Pink City’—beckons with a host of wonderful attractions, from breathtaking architecture to lush greenery to bustling avenues. Embracing this rich and colourful setting is Fairmont Jaipur, a modern landmark built in the tradition of the region’s grand Mughal palaces. Amid pristine gardens and elegant water features, the hotel offers 199 spacious, beautifully appointed guest rooms—featuring traditional decor, large bathrooms and the utmost in luxurious details. Adding to the conveniences the hotel also includes a selection of exclusive restaurants- Zoya for international cuisine, the Tea lounge Anjum, that brings a new dimension of service in the fine art of tea tasting, library bar Aza and the Cigar Diwan, (60,000 square feet) of conference space, the largest in the region. With Fairmont Jaipur, we are excited to introduce a new audience to the understated elegance, hallmark service and unforgettable experiences that have long captivated our discerning guests, the world over.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Assistant Manager, Stewarding the primary job purpose of Stewarding Supervisor is to assist and lead the Stewarding Team in the cleaning and organizing of the Food and Beverage Outlets in the hotel.
The responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
1. Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
2. Perform special cleaning projects as assigned.3. Ensure proper set-up, breakdown and maintenance of all banquet functions.4. Interview, hire and train new stewards as required. Maintain proper administrative records on associates i.e. Attendance log, coaching and counseling sessions, disciplinary forms, etc.5. Ensure that floors are swept and mopped. Keep floors clean and dry, spills are picked up immediately using wet floor signs, dry rags, and dry mops.6. Clean walls, tables, racks, sinks, floor mats and disposal area. Polish stainless steel.7. Clean ovens, hoods, filters, drains, hot boxes, steam tables, flat boxes and ceiling vents, according to schedule or as specified by the Executive Chef or Chef of their respective area of responsibility.8. Maintain organization and ensure proper storage and cleaning of all rolling stock and racks, silver, presoaking and operation of dish machine.9. Ensure all trash is emptied at end of shifts; containers washed out and returned to kitchens.10. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.11. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Previous stewarding experience is required
- HSSC (10 2) OR Graduate is an asset
- Able to communicate, read and write in English
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: The candidate must be eligible to work in India
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
- Job type
- Jaipur, India
- Starting in
- As soon as possible