Technician, Engineering (Mechanical)
Looks after the hotel facilities, ensures minimum breakdown through a planned preventive maintenance in his/her field. Acts on compliance to the local/national codes with regards to the hotel building operation & maintenance as well as department and company policies and procedures at all the times.
Hotel Overview: Fairmont Jaipur, a luxury hotel built in the tradition of the area’s grand Mughal palaces and boasting the finest in modern amenities. Fairmont’s first in India, this exquisite hotel—joining an iconic collection that includes London’s The Savoy and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel—will genuinely reflect and complement the unique community in which it is situated. We are thrilled to introduce a new audience to the understated elegance, hallmark service, and unforgettable experiences that have long captivated our discerning guests, the world over.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Ensures that operation of machineries and equipment in the physical plant are carried out safely and conforms to the machinery operation procedures.
- Preparation of all Banqueting and meeting room AV and other related equipment before the function is due or assign the staff.
- Highlight the critical issues to the Supervisor and ask for assistance if needed.
- Maintain all the electrical rooms, mechanical rooms etc in neat and tidy conditions.
- Records plant and equipment log sheets.
- Ensures good housekeeping and orderliness in his working area.
- Receives and records work requests and immediately notifies the Supervisor/Executive of any unusual occurrences on the machineries and equipment.
- Makes sure that all works done or services oneach day and every equipment and machineries are properly recorded on his logbook and to maintenance record card.
- When in doubt, consults to the Supervisor/Executive.
- Performs other tasks as may be assigned by the Supervisor/executive.
- Responds to emergency calls and assists the emergency brigade in containing the situation.
- Ensures timely reporting of malfunction or maintenance deficiencies to appropriate area.
- Attends scheduled trainings.
- Participates actively in company-initiated employee activities.
- Adheres to the specified hygiene and personal appearance standards of the Resort and his area.
- Adheres to the set procedures for attendance and timekeeping.
- Adheres to the provisions outlined in the Employee’s Handbook, Disciplinary Code and Rules and Regulations.
- Reduces waste supplies and materials by re-using or selling and recycles, when possible.
- Conserves water and energy by adhering to environmental/energy conservation checklist appropriate for his area.
Practices the guiding principles in day-to-day interactions.
- High school Trade ITI or Equivalent
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
Visa Requirements: Open for Indian Nationals
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Jaipur, India
- Starting in
- As soon as possible