Apprentice (Internship) - Finance & Accounting
Period of January - July 2018At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, our financial and human resources operations thrive with the commitment of Colleagues who model our values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment. Apply your passion for numbers as an Apprentice, where your exacting standards will ensure accuracy in support of your team and hotel.
Situated in Senayan Square at the South end of Jakarta's Central Business District, Fairmont Jakarta will feature 380 spacious guestrooms and 108 Fairmont branded suites. Additional features and amenities to the urban hotel include a number of lounges and several restaurants featuring a variety of culinary offerings. For corporate events and local galas, the hotel features 3,500 square meters of function space, including a1,200 square meter ballroom.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Junior Accountant, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Daily recording of entertainment and promotion accounts
- Daily support of accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Assist with the reconciliation and payment of third party cheques
- Maintain stationary level and reorder as required
- Ensure vendor files are up to date
- Assist in the month end reporting
- Provide office administration duties as required
- Follow departmental policies and procedures
- Follow all safety policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous office administration or accounting experience preferred
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications or relevant computer applications required
- University/College degree in a related discipline an asset
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
- Job type
- DKI Jakarta, Indonesia
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract