Assistant Director, Talent & Culture
Hotel Overview: At the ocean's edge- a modern oasis, the Fairmont Pacific Rim is the most remarkable address in the city with its breathtaking harbour views, luxurious accommodation, rave-worthy cuisine and warm hospitality. Discover Fairmont Pacific Rim - and discover Vancouver as part of our rockstar team.
Summary of Responsibilities: Reporting to the Director of Talent & Culture, the Assistant Director will provide assistance to the Director of Talent & Culture and support all Talent & Culture related activities and services including employee relations, colleague events, health & safety, workers compensation, compliance with policies/procedures/laws, compensation, training and recruitment.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Support the Director, Talent & Culture in implementing hotel strategy, including coaching, counseling, hiring and retaining the best colleagues.
- Lead the day-to-day operation of the Talent & Culture Department, focusing on maximizing the capabilities of the team and ensuring all Talent & Culture Core Standards are being adhered to.
- Assist the Director of Talent & Culture in assessing organizational needs, developing aligned human resource solutions and implement strategies in the areas of employee relations, compensation and benefits, recognition, administration and colleague wellness
- Assist Departmental Leaders with the development of specific action plans to address issues and concerns identified in colleague feedback
- Ensure that the Talent & Culture department delivers a high standard of service for both our internal guests and external clients
- Ensure Talent & Culture colleagues are trained, informed and supported in carrying out their daily responsibilities
- Act as an internal consultant to provide expert coaching and direction on HR policy, programs, employee relations, legislation, employment standards, human rights and compensation
- Engage in processes which assist in finding talent inside and outside the organization, specifically for leadership roles within the hotel
- Ensure the Talent & Culture department complies with all corporate, regional and hotel policies and procedures; and governmental regulations pertaining to all colleagues
- Counsel and coach all colleagues on job related issues, career development and performance management
- Ensure all processes and policies are followed and adhered to, including recognition, training, selection, communication, health & safety, benefits, and administration
- Be a role model within the hotel and demonstrate professional leadership skills that are fully aligned and in support of our culture
Lead the organization of staff events such as Summer Party, Kids Halloween Party, Kids Christmas Party, Winter Gala.
- Oversee the administration of the health & safety and return to work program for the hotel
- Foster and promote positive Colleague relations through an environment that encourages open communication, trust and mutual respect
- Perform duties of the Director, Talent & Culture in their absence
- Assist with all general office administration and reception and other duties as required
- Follow departmental policies and procedures
- Follow all safety policies
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum of 3 years of experience in Human Resources roles, with experience in a Leadership level position
University/College degree or diploma, preferably with a formal education in Human Resources Management
Hotel operation experience is desirable
Knowledge of local labour laws and employment law requirements;
- A proven manager with excellent decision making skills, who's passionate about quality and guest service
- Results oriented, analytical and proactive with proven organizational skills
- Successful track record in professionally addressing & resolving difficult and challenging issues at all levels
- Ability to develop and encourage an open, stimulating and trusting environment that reflects our Company Values
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship building and communication skills, complimented by professional maturity, strong leadership skills and business acumen
- Energetic, enthusiastic, self-motivated and dynamic
- Self-confident, creative and proactive, able to prioritize and make effective decisions
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications required
- Previous experience with HR Manager & TAS would be a benefit
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
- Job type
- Central, Vancouver, Canada
- Starting in
- As soon as possible