Do you want to?
- Work for the #1 city hotel in Canada,
- Become part of an extraordinarily team,
- Elevate your career with a global luxury brand offering extensive development opportunities,
- Enjoy a competitive wage extensive benefits plan & utilize global perks & privileges?
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Assistant Outlets Manager responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide support to serving team by way of cleaning and resetting bar settings, running food orders, and on occasion take beverage orders
- Stocking of bar fridges, rotating of stock and maintaining a clean and organized storage area
- Assisting with set up of bar opening operations, including but not limited to hygienic preparation of fruit garnishes, juices, purees and syrups
- Cleaning and closing down bar operations
- Greet and acknowledge all guests and provide assistance where possible
- Re stocking of glasses, bar equipment and cleaning during hours during service periods.
- Assist colleagues in daily tasks as required
- Bring any concerns to the attention of the Manager On Duty (related to internal or external guests, food or service quality, operation of the room, physical surroundings or plant)
- Provide assistance to other departments as required
- Complete other assigned responsibilities as required (Communication meetings, Committee meetings)
- Actively participate and promote the Fairmont Pacific Rim environmental program and department specific initiatives in working towards sustainable operations
- To be Health & Safety conscious and actively involved in maintaining a safe work environment
- Upholds the highest standard of internal and external customer service by demonstrating Fairmont Service Essentials
- Must have experience working in a detail orientated, deadline sensitive environment
- Must be able to work independently in a high volume work environment
- Must be a team player, energetic, outgoing, reliable and punctual
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills
- Must be service orientated, personable and able to provide superior guest service
- Previous food and beverage experience is required
- Previous experience in a 4 diamond hotel environment is an asset
- A Degree or Diploma in Hotel/Hospitality or Tourism is an asset
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to ):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Constant lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
- Job type
- Central, Vancouver, Canada
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration