Do you want to…
- Work for the #1 city hotel in Canada,
- Be part of an extraordinary team,
- Elevate your career with a global luxury brand offering extensive development opportunities,
- Utilize global perks and privileges and enjoy a competitive wage?
Ensuring high quality and consistency of food preparation and presentation as per Fairmont minimum standards
- Act as a role model to junior staff members by maintaining a professional work ethic and displaying sound cooking skills
- Strive to advance his/her knowledge, skills and abilities and consistently share these with others
- Maintain proper rotation of product in all chillers to minimize wastage/spoilage
- Ensure storeroom requisitions are accurate
- Have full knowledge of all menu items, daily features and promotions
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of all work areas, utensils, and equipment and the minimization of wastage
- Actively participate and promote the Fairmont Pacific Rim’s environmental program and department specific initiatives in working towards sustainable operations
- Be health & safety conscious and actively involved in maintaining a safe work environment
- Upholds the highest standard of internal and external customer service by demonstrating
- Fairmont Service Essentials and applying 5 Diamond Service Standards at all times
- Other duties as assigned
● Minimum of four years cooking experience in a similar high volume environment is required● Must show enthusiasm, have high energy levels and be self motivated● Must be a team player● Must enjoy a fast paced environment● Must have proven time management and organizational skills● Experience in a 4 or 5 star international large hotel or restaurant or a similar standard is an asset● BC Food Safe Certification is required
Physical Aspects of Position: ● Physical aspects of the position include but are not limited to the following: ● Constant standing and walking throughout shift● Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs● Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling● Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
● Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining canadian work authorization.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
- Job type
- Central, Vancouver, Canada
- Starting in
- As soon as possible