Do you want to…
· Work for the #1 city hotel in Canada,
· Be part of an extraordinarily team,
· Elevate your career with a global luxury brand offering extensive development opportunities,
· Utilize global perks and privileges and enjoy a competive wage?
Then you might be our next Lobby Lounge Bar Back and Junior Server
As a Bar Back and Junior Server with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, you will be an ambassador for the exceptional service and cuisine that are hallmarks of our dining experience. Your warm, personal attention provides a memorable first impression for guests of our restaurants and lounges, making them feel welcome and valued.
Hotel Overview: At the ocean's edge- a modern oasis, the Fairmont Pacific Rim is the most remarkable address in the city with its breathtaking harbour views, luxurious accommodation, rave-worthy cuisine and warm hospitality. Discover Fairmont Pacific Rim - and discover Vancouver as part of our rockstar team.
Summary of Responsibilities: Reporting to The Lobby Lounge Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide support to Bar and Service teams by way of cleaning and resetting the work area, running food orders, and on occasion take food or beverage orders
- Greet and acknowledge all guests and provide assistance where possible
- Complete side duties in timely manner
- Assist colleagues in daily tasks as required
- Bring any concerns to the attention of the Manager On Duty (related to internal or external guests, food, beverages or service quality, operation of the room, physical surroundings or plant)
- Provide assistance to other departments as required (as per our Service Code)
- Complete other assigned responsibilities as required (Communication meetings, Committee meetings)
- Actively participate and promote the Fairmont Pacific Rim environmental program and department specific initiatives in working towards sustainable operations
- To be Health & Safety conscious and actively involved in maintaining a safe work environment
- Upholds the highest standard of internal and external customer service by demonstrating Fairmont Service Essentials
- Must have experience working in a detail orientated, deadline sensitive environment
- Must be able to work independently in a high volume work environment
- Must be a team player, energetic, outgoing, reliable and punctual
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills
- Must be service orientated, personable and able to provide superior guest service
- Previous food and beverage experience is required
- Previous experience in a 4 diamond hotel environment is an assetA Degree or Diploma in Hotel/Hospitality or Tourism is an asset
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to ):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Constant lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist! ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTSAt Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. Our Sustainability Partnership program represents our ever-expanding commitment to being a responsible business and to following the principles of sustainability across our operations, the world over. An exciting future awaits!
- Job type
- Central, Vancouver, Canada
- Starting in
- As soon as possible