Do you want to…
- Elevate your career with a global luxury brand offering extensive development opportunities,
- Utilize global perks & privileges & enjoy a completive wage attractive benefits package?
Then you might be our next Overnight Front Desk / Royal Service Agent.
In your new role, you will model our values of respect, integrity, teamwork and empowerment.Hotel Overview:
At the ocean's edge- a modern oasis, the Fairmont Pacific Rim is the most remarkable address in the city with its breathtaking harbour views, luxurious accommodation, rave-worthy cuisine and warm hospitality. Summary of Responsibilities: Reporting to the Night Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist guests regarding hotel facilities in an informative and helpful way
- Follow department policies, procedures and service standards
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Register and check out guests, which includes securing payment.
- Maintain accurate records of daily transactions.
- Handle guest requests effectively and promptly.
- Provide information on hotel and resort services.
- Cash handling, which includes currency exchange and balancing a float.
- Become familiar with group resumes ensuring all details of incoming and outgoing groups are observed.
- Serve as a sales agent promoting and up-selling hotel services.
- Promote a professional team environment.
- Monitor rooms’ inventory to assist in maximizing rooms’ revenue.
- Maintain an excellent working rapport with all departments in the hotel.
- Have a good working knowledge of Royal Service functions.
- Coverage of overnight shifts and duties as assigned
- Actively participate in the Fairmont Pacific Rim’s environmental program and department specific initiatives in working towards sustainable operations.
- To be Health & Safety conscious and actively involved in maintaining a safe work environment.
- Complies with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts policies, procedures and code of ethics.
- Performs any and all other tasks which are assigned by management.
- Upholds the highest standard of internal and external customer service by demonstrating Fairmont Service Essentials and applying 5 Diamond Service Standards at all times.
• Proficient in the English language (verbal & written), second language is an asset • Must be able to handle a multitude of tasks in an intense, ever-changing environment • Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times • Previous customer related experience an asset • Previous PMS experience an asset • Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications an asset • Must be able to type 25 words per minute • Must possess a professional presentation • Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities • Highly responsible & reliable • Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment • Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team • Hospitality Diploma is an asset • Must be flexible in terms of working hours • Must have the ability to handle cash effectively and accurately
Physical aspects of the position include but are not limited to the following:
- Frequent standing and walking throughout shift
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
- Job type
- Central, Vancouver, Canada
- Starting in
- As soon as possible