Do you want to…
· Work for the #1 city hotel in Canada,
· Be part of an extraordinary team,
· Elevate your career with a global luxury brand offering extensive development opportunities,
· Utilize global perks and privileges and enjoy a competitive wage?
Then you might be our next Retail Sales Associate!
As a Retail Sales Associate, you will be an ambassador for the exceptional service and flavours that are hallmarks of our Giovane Market. Your warm, attentive guest service and passion for food will be essential to the success in this role!
At the ocean's edge- a modern oasis, the Fairmont Pacific Rim is the most remarkable address in the city with its breathtaking harbour views, luxurious accommodation, rave-worthy cuisine and warm hospitality. Discover Fairmont Pacific Rim - and discover Vancouver as part of our rockstar team.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Reporting to the Giovane Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Present one’s self to guests in a professional, personalized and friendly manner to provide a positive shopping experience in the giovane market and ultimately create return customers
- Actively participate in monthly product features and “upsell” to guests through enthusiasm and engaging customer service
- Participate in monthly inventory counts for the market and candy bar with efficiency and accuracy to ensure all product is accounted for and reconciled appropriately
- Meet and exceed daily store sales quotas and personal sales budgets
- Ensure store is stocked daily and all items are replenished to meet required shelf quantities; including the candy bar
- Partake in monthly store visual layouts, where creativity and effective problem solving is necessary
- Promote and set up daily product demo features for guest and provide key product information
- Bring any concerns to the attention of the Manager on Duty (related to internal or external guests, food or service quality, operation of the room, physical surrounding or equipment)
- Actively participate and promote the Fairmont Pacific Rim’s environmental program and department specific initiatives in working towards sustainable operations
- Be Health & Safety conscious and actively involved in maintaining a safe work environment
- Uphold the highest standard of internal and external customer service by demonstrating Fairmont Service Essentials and applying 5 Diamond Service Standards at all times
- Assist Giovane team with working Barista shifts where business volumes require
- Must possess strong sales skills, positive attitude and a passion for the retail and food and beverage industry
- A desire to work in a fast paced retail work environment
- Excellent problem solving skills and creative strategic planning skills
- Must take niche retail products, Italian inspirations and market concepts seriously
- Must have Food Safe Level I and BC Serving It Right Certificates
- Must have experience on P.O.S. system (Squirrel, Micros)
- Must possess superior guest service skills with a teamwork mentality
- Some beverage knowledge (wines, ports, scotches, liqueurs) an asset
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Previous experience in inventory or stock control an asset
- A Degree or Diploma in Hotel/Hospitality or Tourism an asset
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
- Job type
- Central, Vancouver, Canada
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration