Director, Catering & Conference Services
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, our engaging service and delicious cuisine make every special event a truly memorable affair, both within our distinctive surroundings and off-site. Your vision and leadership as Director, Catering & Conference Services will ensure an engaged team, efficient operations – and offerings that exceed the expectations of every client. Hotel Overview: Fairmont Pittsburgh, a 4 diamond LEED certified luxury hotel, is located at the heart of Pittsburgh’s business, cultural and retail hub. Fairmont Pittsburgh offers superb and distinctive guest services and accommodations in a luxury setting.
Summary of Responsibilities: Reporting to the Director, Sales & Marketing, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service.Direct and manage all activity related to the Catering, Conference Services &/or Events office; ensuring all service standards are followed.
- Balance operational, administrative and Colleague needs; while ensuring that Health & Safety standards, as well as departmental policies and procedures, are complied with.
- Coordinate necessary training for department colleagues, to ensure opportunity for growth and success in their current roles and future career are available.
- Conduct annual performance reviews for all department colleagues.
- Responsible for all catering events from booking to execution, and all conference service events from file turnover to execution.
- Prepare an annual budget for approval, and administer that budget in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Develop annual business and marketing plans for the department, in conjunction with the Director of Sales & Marketing.
- Work closely with the Director of Sales & Marketing to prepare monthly forecasts and departmental budgets, ensuring accuracy and achievement.
- Ensure that function bookings, group resumes, contracts, conference agendas, event orders, etc are prepared and distributed accurately and efficiently to ensure operational success.
- Actively review all Voice of the Guest results on a frequent basis, communicating results to all colleagues within the department. Ensure that successes are built upon and develop action plans, when necessary, to address any deficiencies.
- Conduct any/all site inspections as required.
- Handle protocol and VIP related activities/events/groups.
- Participate and/or lead necessary meetings within hotel that effect/are effected by the Catering, Conference Services &/or Events department.
- Establish and maintain rapport with clients, prior to, during and post conference, exceeding their expectations and encouraging repeat business.
- Assist in ensuring meeting and function rooms are properly maintained at all times liaising with Banquet operations.
- Drive function space optimization/maximization, to ensure best utilization of space for guest experience and financial performance of department.
- Play active role in local community through associations, memberships and involvement. Be an ambassador of the hotel within the local community.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous leadership experience within luxury market, and similar role, required.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications and relevant computer applications required (Micros Opera S&C, and Social Tables preferred).
- University/College degree in a related discipline required.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal required.
- Strong leadership, excellent interpersonal skills, and problem solving abilities.
- Highly responsible, reliable and ethical. A reputation for honesty and integrity.
- Results oriented and highly motivated self-starter.
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times.
- Possess and/or obtain CMP/CPCE certification within two years.
- Ability to work days, nights and weekend; when necessary.
- May require exerting up to 30 pounds of force occasionally to lift, push, pull or carry.
Visa Requirements: Must have proof of valid US work authorization.
- Job type
- Downtown, Pittsburgh, PA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible