In Room Dining Server
The ideal candidate is passionate about guest service and thrives in an empowered environment, delivering our service promise. The server goes above and beyond to take care of guests from the presentation of amenities to ensuring timely delivery and anticipating guest needs in placement of the order.
Hotel Overview: Fairmont Pittsburgh, a 4 diamond LEED certified luxury hotel, is located at the heart of Pittsburgh’s business, cultural and retail hub. Fairmont Pittsburgh offers superb and distinctive guest services and accommodations in a luxury setting.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director, Outlets, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
• Sets up, delivers and removes orders
• Sets up, delivers and removes amenities as specified
• Ensures all Mise en Place is stocked and ready at all times
• Keeps work area clean and organized
• Assists with requisitioning and stocking
• Assists with Refreshment Center stocking and billing
• Provides engaging service within Fairmont and Hotel Standards
• Crisp, Efficient Food and beverage service with excellent rapport building
• Cash Handling
• Speaks passionately and informatively about the hotel offerings and the city
• Tailors service to the diner’s needs
• Review daily reports, arrival, VIP, group following up on action items
• Aware of all business within hotel on a daily basis and able to guide guests accordingly
• Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: • Previous experience is an asset • Minimum 1 year experience in Food and Beverage preferably at a luxury property• Excellent written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills • Strong guest service orientation• Able to balance a variety of conflicting priorities while providing guest servicePhysical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to): • Constant standing, walking and bending throughout shifts. • Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and /or up to 25 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move tables, and hot boxes
Visa Requirements: Must have proof of valid U.S. work authorization.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTSAt Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. Our Sustainability Partnership program represents our ever-expanding commitment to being a responsible business and to following the principles of sustainability across our operations, the world over. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!