The Security Officer is responsible for ensuring life safety, security and rapid response for all guests and colleagues. The candidate is required to have a proven background in Security with strong Guest Service skills. He/she must have the ability to prioritize and respond to all security requests on property in a timely manner.
Hotel Overview: Fairmont Pittsburgh, a 4 diamond LEED certified luxury hotel, is located at the heart of Pittsburgh’s business, cultural and retail hub. Fairmont Pittsburgh offers superb and distinctive guest services and accommodations in a luxury setting.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director, Operations, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
• Review daily reports and arrivals ensuring proper preparation for shift
• Work closely with all Departments to safeguard assets and ensure compliance in all life safety and security areas
• Initiates and Coordinates emergency procedures in the event of an emergency
• Assists management with colleague bag check and locker check programs
• Audits Hotel Key Program, ensuring procedures are followed
• Ensures rapid response to all requests
• Responds to all first aid needs
• Provides response to all guest and colleague incidents and accidents
• Ensures clear, concise and factual reporting of all incidents, accidents and rounds
• Develops and maintains strong relationships with Building security
• Participates in colleague briefings and formal communication meetings
• Monitors security of all space and assets throughout shift
• Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: • Previous experience is an asset• Minimum 1 year previous Security experience, preferably in a luxury environment• Excellent interpersonal skills• Excellent conflict resolution skills• Excellent written/verbal communication, with strong focus on documentation• Strong guest service orientation• Able to balance a variety of conflicting priorities while providing guest service• First aid / AED certification an asset
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to): • Walk, stand, or sit for extended periods of time.• Endure various weather conditions, including hot or cold temperatures and rain, snow, sleet...etc.• Carry fire extinguishers and/or other emergency equipment.• Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 25 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, or otherwise move objects.• Walk up or descend down stairs throughout shifts.• Self-motivation and ability to work independent of immediate supervision.
Visa Requirements: Must have proof of valid U.S. work authorization.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTSAt Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. Our Sustainability Partnership program represents our ever-expanding commitment to being a responsible business and to following the principles of sustainability across our operations, the world over. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!