Retail Replenishment Buyer
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, our retail outlets reflect the luxury of our hotels and the authenticity of our destinations. The Retail Replenishment Buyer role is a consultant position responsible for all aspects of retail buying for the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess.
The Retail Replenishment Buyer will be responsible for fostering long-term relationships with internal leaders/colleagues/departments, cultivating the product assortment, and turning key vendors into deeply engaged, strategic partners. The Retail Replenishment Buyer will partner with management to set priorities and execute the business plans and measureable business goals. The Retail Replenishment Buyer will direct and champion the BSR product procurement, flow and execution of BSR retail buying, while proactively identifying additional opportunities to enhance future endeavors
Hotel Overview: Picture a shimmering oasis overlooking the Sonoran Desert and the McDowell mountains - Fairmont Scottsdale Princess offers luxury and world class hospitality with over 200,000 square feet of meeting space. This award-winning meetings resort recently opened 102 new guest rooms in June 2016, bringing the total number of rooms to 750. In conjunction with the guest room expansion, the resort is creating three dynamic new outdoor venues for groups: Sunset Beach, the Great Lawn and a new western town, Copper Canyon. The Fairmont Scottsdale Princess was recently recognized with the AAA Five Diamond rating for its 27th year, making it one of the longest running AAA Five Diamond Resorts in the America’s. The only thing missing is you!
Summary of Responsibilities: Reporting to the Retail Buyer, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Create and maintain Purchase Orders and Purchase Order Log
- Successfully buy to and utilize the Open to Buy document
- Align and work collaboratively with Marketing, PR, Retail, F&B, Rooms, Engineering, CCS, HR, and outside vendors to effectively manage and grow the retail business
- Support achievement of sales growth at a rate and profit margin consistent with the strategic business plan
- Create, communicate & manage to strict timelines for new and existing buys
- Cultivate vendor relationships while measuring vendor performance
- Facilitate vendor opportunities
- Develop and maintain product knowledge books for each shop in regards to BSR product
- Maintain a high standard of communication with the Retail Buyer, Director of Retail, and Retail Managers
- Produce weekly analysis on required matrix’s for BSR product
- Performs other duties as required and assigned
- Must have five (5 ) years of experience in retail buying within a fast-paced team environment with strong attention to detail
- Strong understanding of product design and fabrication
- Must have flexible schedule allowing for long hours, nights, weekends, and holidays
- Working knowledge of Marketing, Retail, and Data Analysis
- Functional Knowledge and Business Expertise Required
- Must have Maricopa County Food Handlers Card and AZ Liquor Server Certification
- Must be fluent in Timesaver, Excel, Word, Publisher, Retail Inventory Systems
- Proven ability to drive sales results through a strong level of business acumen
- Demonstrated success in talent development/management
- Availability for varied weekly shifts including weekend, closing, holiday, and peak shifts
- Adhere to Fairmont Scottsdale Princess Grooming Guidelines. Click here to view: http://www.scottsdaleprincess.com/careers
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
Frequent standing and walking throughout shift
Occasional lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs
Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. Our Sustainability Partnership program represents our ever-expanding commitment to being a responsible business and to following the principles of sustainability across our operations, the world over. An exciting future awaits!
Fairmont Scottsdale Princess is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace. F/M/D/V
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- North Scottsdale, Scottsdale, AZ, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible