Room AttendantThe Room Attendant ensures cleanliness and maintenance of guest rooms and service areas/corridor is kept in excellent condition at all times.
Hotel Overview: The Fairmont Singapore is ideally situated at the crossroads of Singapore's business, cultural, entertainment and shopping districts. It offers 769 luxurious guestrooms and suites, a collection of 16 distinctive restaurants and bars and 70,000 square feet of prime meeting space - all supported by our Singapore hotel's award-winning service teams.
Summary of Responsibilities: Reporting to the Team Leader, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Offer all possible assistance to the Hotel guests and respond to guest requests.
- Be responsible for the safety and security of assigned keys, mobile and pagers by correctly wearing them and using them according to procedure.
- Clean and correctly supply a minimum of 14 rooms or its equivalent in an 8 hour shift according to the standards and procedures sets out by the hotel. This includes changing of light bulbs.
- Report any damages or loss of linen, furniture, fixture and equipment to the supervisor/housekeeping coordinator.
- Immediately report all maintenance deficiencies to the team leader/housekeeping coordinator.
- Hand in all property left by the guest from checkout room to team leader/housekeeping coordinator. The lost & found slip must be dully filled.
- Report immediately to Team Leader and Assistant Manager if a guest item should be accidentally damaged or broken.
- Make up roll away beds and baby cots according to the Hotels’ Standards.
- Observe all fire & safety rules e.g. not obstructing corridors, staircase, elevators, fire exits and firefighting equipment. To report all fire & safety hazards immediately to team leader/housekeeping coordinator.
- Check each assigned room after cleaning for deficiencies and report to supervisor /housekeeping coordinator.
- Follow up on maintenance deficiencies that require urgent attention and if not attended to within the shift, the afternoon shift Team Leader must be informed.
- Carry out turn down service for guest rooms and supply ice according to the standards set out during the evening the shift.
Experience preferred but not necessary
- Minimum Primary 6 Education
- Read, write, speak simple English in order to communicate with guests
- Able to understand terms used in Housekeeping Department
- Able to handle and manage heavy loads
- Able to work under pressure and independently
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS At Fairmont Singapore and Swissôtel The Stamford we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. Your contribution is important to the success of our Company and we are committed to providing an environment that will foster growth and reward your efforts. Our teams around the globe endeavour to provide a safe, attractive and dynamic working environment, which will encourage you to take initiative and demonstrate your best abilities. Together we design career plans and unveil new professional perspectives through our various development programs, and with you playing a part, will help make your ambitions real. An exciting future awaits!
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidate will be notified.
- Job type
- Downtown Core, Singapore
- Starting in
- As soon as possible