Housekeeping ManagerCreating an engaging work environment for Colleagues of Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is as important as turning moments into memories for our guests. Your leadership skills and the values you model as Housekeeping Manager will inspire your team – not only to ensure an exceptional in-room guest experience, but also to grow their careers with Fairmont.
Hotel Overview: Set on a 520 acre estate with a unique coastal setting in the Home of Golf, Fairmont St Andrews is the perfect location to turn any holiday into a treasured memory whilst offering a resort experience steeped in the history of the area and traditions of Scotland. The Resort includes 211 luxurious guest bedrooms, 6 diverse dining outlets, 2 golf courses and a tranquil Spa & Leisure facility.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Rooms Division Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Maintains and continuously reviews all guest rooms and public areas, plus Spa and Clubhouse ensuring that the highest standards of cleanliness are met.
- Provide a friendly and efficient service through effective recruitment, induction, training and development policies, as measured by low turnover, high guest satisfaction.
- Ensure all colleagues are trained to deliver a superior cleaning service in rooms and all public areas to standards laid down by both departmental and Fairmont Standard Operating Procedures. Conduct frequent room standard audits to effectively evaluate the level of service and provide corrective measures where required.
- Responsible for the inspection of all VIP rooms and Showrooms to ensure they are of highest standard, where the manager is not present all designates should be trained to the appropriate standards.
- Manage and control staffing levels and payroll as required by the needs of the business.
- Manage and control purchasing, contracts and par stocks to budget and be able to work within budgeted guidelines.
- Assist with the budget process for the department and liaise with suppliers to ensure the best possible price is being attained.
- Ensure all equipment is regularly cleaned and checked through liaison with the resorts engineering team.
- Ensure that all products and consumables in guest rooms adhere to Fairmont Hotels and Resorts standards and to keep up to date with any changes that may occur.
- Liaise with the Hotel Manager and Director of Facilities regarding health and safety issues, preventative maintenance programs and capital projects to ensure optimum room availability and minimal inconvenience to guests.
- Operate an effective inter-departmental communication process in order to co-ordinate and respond to guest needs throughout their stay.
- Be available for any queries from the laundry, room attendants or front of house.
- Hold monthly communication meetings for all areas within the remit, Laundry and Housekeeping.
- Ensure every member of staff is wearing suitable attire.
- Oversee the operation of the laundry for hotel, guest and colleague to ensure the smooth operation of the resort.
- Oversee the retrieval, safekeeping and disbursement of all lost and found items in accordance to company policy.
- Have ultimate accountability for the Health & Safety training of all colleagues within the departments and ensure that this is kept up to date.
- Perform Duty Manager shifts at the resort and other duties as requested by the Division or General Manager.
- Be aware to the current standards of competitor hotels.
- Lead and manage the day-to-day operation of the department and ensure service standards are followed
- Oversee the recruitment and training of all Housekeeping Colleagues
- Balance operational, administrative and Colleague needs
- Follow departmental policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous leadership experience required
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications preferred
- University/College degree in a related discipline an asset
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Visa Requirements: Applicants must be eligible to work in the EU or hold a valid work authorisation for the UK.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
- Job type
- St Andrews, United Kingdom
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract