Director Of Operations
Fairmont The Norfolk is a hotel offering engaging service and authentically local experiences in places of unrivalled presence. Be an ambassador for the brand and your hotel as Director of Operations, where you will provide leadership and strategic planning to all departments in support of our service culture, maximized operations and guest satisfaction.
Hotel Overview: Fairmont The Norfolk Hotel has played a leading role in Kenya's colorful history, and continues to be Nairobi's finest and best-known luxury hotel. The town and later the modern city of Nairobi grew up around Fairmont The Norfolk hotel, which boasts 165 guest rooms and suites, and still has its own private tropical gardens. The hotel is still the traditional starting point for safaris and the Lord Delamere Terrace is modern Nairobi's most famous meeting place, where drinks and light meals are served continuously from morning until midnight.
Summary of Responsibilities: Reporting to the General Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Support the General Manager in the overall management and strategic direction of the hotel, assuming the responsibilities of the General Manager in their absence.
• Assist in the preparation of the annual Operations Plan and achieve the profit objectives therein.
• Ensure that monthly financial outlooks for Operating Departments including Rooms, F&B, Engineering, Security and Staff Accommodations are accurate and are being achieved.
• Play a lead role in yield management for Rooms and Food & Beverage.
• Ensures the consistent implementation and delivery of all Fairmont Service Essentials and Standards.
• Handles all guest concerns and feedback to ensure effective follow up
• Assist in the preparation, presentation and subsequent achievement of the hotel's annual Operating Budget, Marketing & Sales Plan and Capital Budget.
• Ensure that monthly financial outlooks for Rooms and Food & Beverage are on time, on target and accurate.
• Ensures the smooth operation and co-ordination of the hotel through their respective leaders (Front Office, Housekeeping, Maintenance, Food & Beverage, Environmental Systems, and Security).
• Assist in staff planning and the maintenance of productivity levels
• Update and ensure timely awareness of the hotel’s Business Continuity, Emergency and Crisis Management Plans.
• Actively involved in the recruitment process of leadership positions within the operating departments.
• Function as key member of the Hotel Executive Committee and Leadership Team
• Ensure full compliance to Hotel operating controls.
• Follow department policies, procedures and service standards.
• Follow all safety policies.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Minimum 5 years previous luxury / upscale hotel experience in a related field (minimum 2 years as DOO/ Hotel Manager). • Flexible with the ability to sustain a high level of productivity and efficiency at all times. • Display strong analytical, organizational, problem solving and administrative skills. • Ability to adapt to change quickly and strong multi-tasking. • Extensive Operations management experience in F&B and Rooms a strong asset with a proven record to coordinate multiple departments and to achieve goals • Clear working knowledge of budget planning & execution • Exceptional interpersonal and guest relations skills, who is hands on and is system knowledgeable. • Proven team-leader with outstanding motivational skills and coaching ability • Ability to motivate developing leaders to act as entrepreneurs while implementing innovative, profit driven, guest satisfaction oriented solutions
- Job type
- Nairobi Central, Nairobi, Kenya
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration