Director, BanquetsEngaging service, delicious cuisine and distinctive surroundings make every special event at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts a truly memorable affair. As Director, Banquets, you will provide vision and leadership that fosters an engaged team and ensures quality, efficiency and superior service at each group function.
Fairmont Wuhan is situated in the newly developed Wuhan Central Business District (CBD), surrounded by banking corporations, top companies and high-end residences.
318 key with state of art design hotel guestrooms, minimum 50sqm.Approximately 2,500sqm of meeting & banqueting space, Willow Stream Spa， Swimming Pool and Fitness Center.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Food & Beverage, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Direct and manage all activity related to the Banquet department, ensuring all service standards are followed
- Ensure all functions maintain a first class and positive visual impact; including ambiance, décor and service delivery
- Coach and train the Banquet leadership team in all aspects of the department
- Follow the annual budget and administer it in a fiscally responsible manner
- Ensure all financial reporting is maintained and accurate billing for each banquetmeeting is recorded
- Respond to guest concerns and react quickly and professionally
- Assume responsibility for all banquet facilities, including cleanliness, repair and maintenance, reporting any deficiencies as required
- Attend pre-conference meetings with clients to confirm all relevant details are communicated
- Balance operational, administrative and Colleague needs
- Conduct regularly scheduled departmental meetings
- Follow outlet policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous leadership experience in food and beverage required
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications required
- University/College degree in a related discipline preferred
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Visa Requirements: Hotel will responsible for Work Visa Application
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
- Job type
- Beijing, China
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration