Executive Chinese Chef
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Executive Chef, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Host daily meetings, conducts shift briefings to ensure hotel activities and operational requirements are known.Participate in the planning and costing of menus.
- Develop and write standard recipes.
- Develop new dishes and products.
- Ensure that outstanding culinary technical skills are maintained.
- Assist with organizing special events and special food promotions.
- Maintain comprehensive product knowledge including ingredients, equipment, suppliers, markets, and current trends and make recommendations for appropriate adjustments to kitchen operations accordingly.
- Previous experience is an asset
- Compete against a standard of excellence by setting high performance standards and pursuing aggressive goals.
- Strive for constant improvements and takes responsibility for achieving business results and persevere despite obstacles.
- Demonstrates an understanding of competitors’ major strengths and weaknesses.
- Has a broad knowledge of how the business is run, focuses on the major factors necessary to ensure that the business is successful and profitable.
- Diagnose problems and thoroughly analyses information to guide decision making.
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Participate in training activities to improve knowledge & skills.
- Follow guidelines provided in talent handbook.
- Under and communicate well of all hotel/departments activities and promotion.
- Maintain collaborative working relationships with colleagues / supervisors/managers.
- Accomplish the entire daily job according the standards & procedures process, and the assigned tasks temporarily.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
- Job type
- Beijing, China
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration