Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Finance and Business Support, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- To review purchase requisitions considering issue such as lead time, standardization, quantity discounts, and purchasing budgets.
- To assist and department in the hotel in formulating their material requirements and to use competitive bidding or other approved procedures to obtain the best price.
- To check and manage the currently supplier’s list by identifying potential suppliers and conducting vendor visits.
- To engage in value analysis of currently purchased materials in an effort to achieve cost savings without sacrificing quality.
- To be informed about technological innovations and to review lower cost substitute materials with all departments.
- Previous experience is an asset
To oversee and ensure the effective implementation of the tender system so that the continuous supply of quality goods and services to the hotel is not compromised.
To ensure the timely preparation of purchase orders so that all approved purchase requests can be ordered and the goods delivered by the suppliers on the date needed.
To conduct periodic market surveys in association with the department concerned to determine and/or validate the availability and prices of market goods.
To coordinate and liaise with the head of department on all matters relating to quality and reliability of delivery with respect to current and potential suppliers.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
- Job type
- Beijing, China
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration