Director, Marketing & Communications
Hotel Overview: Nestled along the shores of the legendary Yangcheng Lake, Fairmont Yangcheng Lake is a luxury five star resort with over 80 hectares of lush parkland, recreation facilities and Yue Feng Organic Farm. The hotel features 200 guest rooms with lakeside views plus an additional 25- room VIP villa, 1,600 square meters of function space, a Willow Stream Spa and Health Club and 5 Food and Beverage Outlets, including high-end signature Chinese Restaurant.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to Director of Sales & Marketing, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Developing and executing public relations programs within the hotel and local/regional markets.
- Developing and maintaining an issues awareness program and crisis communications program.
- Acting as spokesperson for the hotel and as a member of the Executive/Crisis Management Team.
- Assisting sales, rooms, spa and food and beverage in creating promotional programs with media outlets (radio, tv, print).
- Assisting Director of Sales & Marketing with off season promotions, packaging and the marketing of communication tools.
- Liaise with the hotel’s media company on collateral, promotional pieces, and advertising campaigns.
- Writing, developing, producing and distributing press kits, releases and photo releases as necessary.
- Being a key contact within the hotel for the media, industry partners and the community.
- Developing/creating promotional events that assist non profit groups within the community while raising the profile of the hotel.
- Developing and building positive relationships with media and industry partners in key markets.
- Developing joint regional and national promotional opportunities with other Fairmont properties.
- Co ordinating participation in National Public Relations programs.
- Developing and maintaining all media mailing lists and contact information.
- Maintaining an up to date photo library, including a photographic record of all media and special events.
- Conduct media familiarization trips as needed.
- Playing a key role in the environmental stewardship of our property
- Responsible to successfully manage and coach the Public Relations Coordinator
- Diploma/Degree in Public Relations and/or Journalism
- Minimum 3 years experience in a similar position at a luxury hotel
- Proven media relations skills.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Strong computer literacy, especially with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Meeting Matrix, PM systems and Publisher
- Experience in developing and executing creative promotional programs and events as well as familiarization itineraries.
- Strong team player with excellent leadership skills.
- Proven ability to create partnerships within the industry and community.
- Must be self motivated and able to make decisions while handling numerous projects at one time
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in China
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. Our Sustainability Partnership program represents our ever-expanding commitment to being a responsible business and to following the principles of sustainability across our operations, the world over. An exciting future awaits!
- Job type
- Kunshan, Suzhou, China
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract